Dashing through the sand~

On a no horse open boat~ What am I doing? I don't know. I'm bored.

"The needle doesn't seem to point north according to my charts," Katara commented from her spot at the driver thing.

Muteki was snoring, Toph leaning against his bulk, Jin was yawning and leaning on his other side, and Sokka...

"Take it, easy little lady," he droned. 

Yes. Sokka is now a hippie. 

"I'm sure the sand folks who built this baby know how to get around here."

"That or you're holding the charts upside down," I added. "Or I'm upside down. I don't know."

"You didn't...drink the juice, did you?" Jin asked.

"...No, but I'm starting to think it might've been fine," I responded.

A rock appeared in the distance, and Katara's face lit up. "That must be what the compass is pointing to! That giant rock! It must be the magnetic centre of the desert!"

"A rock!?" Toph sat up so suddenly that Muteki jerked awake, which startled Jin as well. "Yes! Let's go!"

"Wha?" Muteki yawned. "What're we doing?"

"Big rock, going to," I said. "Maybe an oasis, which means water!"

"Or sandbenders," Aang muttered darkly.

We arrived at said big rock just as the sun was coming over the horizon, which made finding water all the more important. If we didn't find water, we would likely die, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that's barely on the to-do list.

"Ahh!" Toph sighed, throwing herself onto the ground and then made an earth angel on the rock. "Finally! Solid ground!"

We all headed for the first cave entrance we could find when Muteki frowned and stopped moving.

"I don't like it," he said obstinately.

"I think my head is starting to clear out the cactus juice," Sokka commented further ahead. "Oh, look!"

He grabbed some of the strange sticky substance from the wall, and he and Momo started licking it.

"What, the cave or the suspect goo?" I asked.

"Both," Muteki answered.

"Bleh!" Sokka suddenly yelled. "It tastes like rotten penguin meat! Awww, I feel woozy..."

"You've been hallucinating on cactus juice all day-"

"And night!" I added helpfully.

"And then you just lick something you find stuck to the wall of a cave?!" Katara continued her rant.

"I have a natural curiosity," Sokka answered.

"Curiosity killed the cat," Jin said, shaking her head.

"But satisfaction brought it back again!" I added again.

Jin cocked an eyebrow then turned to Sokka. "Feeling satisfied?"

"No," he answered miserably.

She gave me a "my point exactly" look and proceeded to follow Toph.

"I don't think this is a normal cave," Toph commented. "This was carved by something."

"Yeah..." Aang added, sounding less grumpy. Progress! "Look at the shape."

"There's something buzzing in here," Toph continued. "Something that's coming for us!"

The next thing we know, there are freaking buzzard wasps flying at us, and we run out of the cave. It was too cramped in there for any of us to effectively fight those things off.

We fought them off, Muteki crushing and mashing them with rocks, oh he impaled three. I think that's a shish kebab? No? Doesn't matter. Jin and I are back to back, preparing to fight our lot.

"You take the ones on the left; I'll take the ones on the right?" Jin questioned while I shrugged.

"Think you can handle this many?" I retorted, blasting a few with fire.

"Well..." she responded, freeze-burning a few more. "It might be tough if one more shows up."

"Hm," I answered. "Then that'll have to be the one I take care of."

"What? You're fighting too?" she said in mock surprise as Katara called for us to follow her. 

It looks like she's out of bending water. Waterbenders are useless.

"Don't let Amaya or Katara hear you say that," Jin said.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?"

"Yes, yes you did."

We followed the others down since Aang had gone after a buzzard that took Momo, with Muteki blasting buzzards out the way and Jin and I roasting any that got too close. We got to the foot of the rock, and the buzzards were closing in. It looked like this was it. And I never got the chance to confess my undying love for - oh look, sand pillars. Sandbenders!

It looks like it's us against the sandbenders. Oh, Aang just arrived. Surely he'll be the voice of reason, right? Like with the Zhangs and the...I can't remember what they were called. Oh crud, we're still in battle stance. Fu-

"I'm not telling you again," Jin snapped.

"I need to do something about this talking out loud when it's supposed to be in my head thing," I responded weakly.