Awkwardness and Tea

Katara and I were on our way to the palace when we stopped outside a new Tea House that I thought looked very fancy.

"What do you two think?" Katara asked as she looked over at me with Momo sitting on my head. "A cup of tea before we head back to the king?"

"It looks expensive," I said. 

 Judging by the dragon and flower motifs, it's probably called some flower and "Dragon", but then, I can't read this writing. "The... uh..."

"Jasmine Dragon," Katara said, giving me a slightly odd look. "You can read, right?"

"Not this stuff," I answered truthfully. "Back home, we used a different writing system, so that makes Muteki, Mogui, Amaya, and I all illiterate. But tea would be great if we could afford a cup."

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Katara said brightly. She approached one of the attendants at the door. "Table for three, please."

"Katara, they have people at the door!" I said, putting on a face. "This place is hella fancy. Are you sure we can afford this?"

"We could always put it on Aang's tab," she joked.

"Poor Avatar," I laughed. "Getting used for free drinks by girls."

We laughed together as the attendant looked for a seat for us when a familiar voice called out over the noise inside.

"Uncle, I need two jasmines, one green, and one lychee!"

We both turned towards the voice, and there was Zuko, dressed nicely in a fancy waiter uniform, speaking to Iroh, who was behind a counter.

He was smiling cheerfully. "I'm brewing as fast as I can!"

"Is she back yet?"

"Not yet, but don't worry," Iroh smiled warmly, and I realised they were talking about Amaya. "She's probably spotted a new type of butterfly, and when she returns, she will tell us all about it."

Zuko chuckled, then took some cups and went to take them to their tables when I realised that someone was pulling on my sleeve.

"This isn't good," Katara said, dragging me away. "We have to tell the Earth King! You were right about the Fire Nation sneaking in!"

"Wait," I said as she continued to drag me away. "Katara, wait! There's no way Zuko would willingly be serving people unless he wanted to, even if it was to sneak in! Katara! Iroh makes the best tea, please can we at least-"

"Jin, come on!" Katara was not listening, and so with great disappointment, I was dragged away from the tea shop.