Traps are Sprung

A/N: I did say there would be a lot of shorties.  SashaL and I just needed to figure out how to work this without breaking the story.  We'll see how this turns out because it could get messy.

I don't rightly know how it happened, but I ended up getting separated from Katara after arriving at the Palace. Katara probably went straight to the throne room, so once I'd figured out where I had ended up, I made my way there.

Only to overhear an unfamiliar voice speaking.

"So, Zuzu is in the city too? I think it's time for a family reunion."

I knew something was wrong with this whole situation. Zuko wasn't the infiltrator. He's just being a person going about life.

"Momo, find Muteki and Toph. I need to find Amaya now," I whispered, urging the lemur off my head. "Quickly, it's urgent!"

Momo chattered to me, then took off.

"Azula, there's someone there!" I know that chirpy voice.

"Ohh, if I didn't have more important things to do, I would snap-freeze your ass so fast," I grumbled as I tried to slip past them stealthily.

"Mai, do something with the waterbender, Ty Lee," the sharp voice spoke. "Let's catch our eavesdropper."

"Oh, I want you to come to find me," I whispered, preparing a cold flame as I slowly touched a pillar. 

The cold fire caused the pillar to frost, and because cold air goes down, the cold fire lightly dropped onto the floor, creating a frost trap so cold it burned.

With my little trap in place, I quickly slipped into the darkest shadow I could find and watched someone with a resemblance to Zuko slip on the patch with a yelp.

I had to stuff my fist into my mouth to keep from laughing out loud as her friend tried to help her up, giving me the distraction needed to escape.

I need to find Amaya.