Back by popular demand....

A/N: Thanks for being patient with me on this, guys! In return, here's a moment. Have it. Cherish it. And remember Amaya and I love all yall :D

A/N2: Much editing has been done.  Methinks I'll leave the song in question with this chapter for your personal enjoyment.  Peace ~ Amaya

I'd always found storms beautiful, in their own slightly terrifying way. But of course, that had always been while sitting inside a nice, sturdy building where I would sit with my brother and count the seconds between flash and thunder. You'd think, sitting in a rickety old building that was literally falling apart, I'd be curled up in a ball trying to keep as dry and warm as possible. Nope. I can't really explain it, but I stood there staring off the cliff as lightning and wind raged around me, and the rain poured down, and I felt free. I was literally soaked to the bone, but for once, I wasn't uncomfortable or cold, or I might've been, but it didn't occur to me. I felt at peace. I felt powerful. I felt free. And I felt like I could do anything. So I started moving through some waterbending movements, things I picked up from watching, things I made up. Whatever felt right. It was like lightning running over my skin, through my fingertips, and it invigorated me to the point that I was actually smiling and laughing and dancing in the rain. And something possessed me to start singing. I couldn't remember all the lyrics, and for a moment, the song's name escaped me.

I pirouette in the dark.
I see the stars through the mist...
Tired mechanical heart,
Beats till the song disappears
Somebody shine a light
I'm frozen by the fear in me
Somebody make me feel alive
and shatter me

So cut me from the line
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me

I stopped moving slowly and released a long deep breath. I tipped back my head and closed my eyes, just letting the rain fall on my face as I hummed random parts, trying to piece it together in the right order.
"You'll catch a cold if you stay in the rain."
For once, I didn't scream or startle when he snuck up on me.
"Hmm," I was still lost in the storm.
I opened my eyes slowly and glanced over at Zuko, looking completely bedraggled as he stood a few feet away.
"What were you singing?"
I didn't answer right away, still not really listening, staring at him.
"Shatter Me. It's a song from a lifetime ago."
He gave me an odd look but didn't ask. "You're soaked."
"You too," I was still floating, and as such, I probably sounded like I was high or something. Probably was. Who knows, right?

He reached out and took my arm and started guiding me back to the rundown shack.
"Zuko?"
"Hmm?"
"Are you feeling better?"
He didn't answer right away, but his pained expression was enough. Still, under the effect of whatever was wrong with me, I hugged him.
"It'll be alright," I murmured, feeling sleepy for some reason. "There, there..."
"Amaya?" He tried to catch me as I slumped against him.
"Shh," I whispered, drifting off. "Tired...shh...."
He put his arms around me and scooped me off my feet. Normally, that would shock me awake, but I was drained now, so instead, I snuggled up against him and slowly drifted off, feeling warm and oddly very comfortable. I don't rightly know, but I think I heard him mutter something about "odd girl" or something as he carried me bridal style into the shack.