Flying Mogui's aside

A/N: So I had planned to send this Christmas day, but it's probably still Christmas somewhere. Otherwise, Happy Boxing Day, everyone! Or whatever, I never know anymore. We should be a little less slow coming with some luck. I don't even know. Regardless, read, vote, comment and enjoy!

I was halfway across the ice when I realised that I had left Toph behind. Now, have you ever tried stopping on ice without skates after sprinting halfway? Yeah, it didn't work out so well.

"Muteki!" Jin called as she ran over to me. "What the heck were you trying to accomplish there?"

"Toph!" I rolled onto my stomach, wincing at the pain that wracked me. "Oh, that's gonna bruise."

I was barely aware of Mogui groaning somewhere nearby.

I looked up in time to hear her scream as the ice she had been about to cross shattered, and she sunk into the frothing water.

"Hang on, Toph!" Sokka yelled, discarding various items of clothing. 

I surged up off the ground and charged past Suki, who had been about to dive into the water, diving in myself.

I quickly powered towards the small earthbender as she sank below the water and pulled her back up.

"Oh, Sokka! You saved me!" Toph gasped dramatically before planting a big kiss on my cheek.

I cleared my throat loudly. "I take offence to that, Toph. Do I really strike you as being that scrawny?"

"Oh," Toph's face turned a bright crimson colour. "Well...ehehehe..."

She went limp, her voice sounding fatally embarrassed. "You can go ahead and let me drown now."

"We'll make this our little secret," I assured her.

"I hate you," she muttered, clearly exasperated by me.

"You just keep digging that knife in," I answered as I swam back to the shore.

Once back on solid ground, Toph actually kissed the ground while I turned to see Katara and Aang circling the sea serpent. They moved quickly, kicking up a strong whirlpool that threw it against the wall opposite us.

Jin had us moving, putting distance between us and the danger, while this went on, and the beast sank back under the waves upon hitting the cliffs. We cheered as Aang flew by with Katara.

When we finally made it over the last rise, we could see the big wall.

"There's the wall!" Sokka yelled, pointing out the hard to miss piece of architecture. "Now it's nothing but smooth-"

"NO!" Mogui yelled, covering Sokka's mouth. 

His nose was a little wonky, and there was dried blood caking his face and hands. He also had a split lip. I'd apologise later. 

"Don't say it. If you say "it'll be a piece of cake" or any of its variants, something always goes wrong."

"True," Sokka conceded, preparing to continue on his way.

"Oh no!" Ying cried, clutching her belly.

"He thought it," I said. "Apparently, it counts."

"What's wrong?" Sokka asked, apprehensively watching the gasping woman.

I helped the woman's husband as we gently lowered her to the ground since she was in obvious pain and discomfort.

"The baby's coming!" she gasped as she squeezed my hand rather painfully.

"Whomp, there it is," Mogui sighed, scratching the dried blood on his hands. "You had to say something. Or think it."

"Now?" Sokka was clearly on the brink of panic. "Can't you just hold it in or something?"

"Sokka, this is not a dump you avoid taking because there's nowhere to go," Jin sighed. "You can't be that daft."

Katara chuckled, putting a hand on Sokka's shoulder reassuringly. "Sokka, calm down. I helped Gram-gram deliver lots of babies back home."

"This is not the same as delivering an arctic seal!" Sokka was in complete panic mode.

"Hey, you doing alright?" I asked both soon to be parents, tuning out to Sokka's ranting.

"This is really happening," Tahn breathed.

"I'll be better when the baby is out," Ying answered through gritted teeth.

"Mogui, I need the water warm but not boiling," Katara ordered. "Jin, Suki, follow me."

I stayed beside her through the birthing, her husband on her other side, and the other girl helping Katara, Suki, and Jin.