How do you do?

We followed the General to Long Feng's study, and Ben sat himself down behind the desk. A guardsman came in with an ornate chest and slid it across the table.

Jin and Mogui hung back since he'd mentioned the information involved the group.

"There are secret files on everyone in Ba Sing Se," How said as Ben opened the chest. "Including you kids."

"Secret files?" Aang questioned, frowning.

"What sort of information?" I piped up as Jin and Mogui tried to look as inconspicuous as possible.

If there was information about them being firebenders... It would probably make our position of trust even harder with Ben.

"Toph Bei Fong," Ben read off a scroll, handing it to Toph, who passed it to Katara.

"It's a letter from your mom," Katara explained as she read the contents.

"What does she want?" I asked, slightly suspicious.

"She's here in the city, and she wants to see Toph," Katara said,

Toph's face lit up. No matter what, it seemed like she really was just a little kid looking for her mother's approval.

"Long Feng intercepted our letters from home?" she said, pulling a face. "That's just sad."

"Messed up, for sure," Mogui commented from the back.

"Aang," Ben passed another scroll, this time to Aang.

"This scroll was attached to the horn of your bison when the Dai Li captured it," How explained.

"It's from the Eastern Air Temple," Aang readout.

"Sounds odd," Jin said.

"Is there a letter for me and Sokka by any chance?" Katara asked hopefully.

"Sokka and I," Jin said absently, looking embarrassed after she said it. "Amaya was a grammar nazi; blame her!"

Mogui and I just laughed at her.

"I'm afraid I don't see anything," Ben said, folding his hands neatly in front of him, with a regretful expression on his face.

"Oh," Sokka sighed as the siblings exchanged disappointed looks.

"But there is an intelligence report that might interest you," How said, handing another scroll to Katara.

"A small fleet of water tribe ships..." Katara readout.

"What?" Sokka said, jumping to read over her shoulder. "That could be Dad!"

"Protecting the mouth of Chameleon Bay, led by Hakoda," Katara continued, growing in excitement. "It is Dad!"

"Woo, go, team!" Mogui said cheerfully, throwing his arms around them both.

"I apologize, but there doesn't appear to be anything for you three," Ben said, looking inside the chest again.

"We didn't expect anything from home," Jin said softly, throwing me a look.

"Looks like we were right all along," I said, shaking my head sadly.

"About what?" Mogui demanded.

"Home is gone," Jin said sadly.

Mogui's expression became somewhere between scared and sad. Honestly, I would feel the same if I only had half my memories.

"But... What about Amaya? Is there anything about her? News about her whereabouts, letters?" he asked, turning to Ben, pleadingly. "Anything at all?"

"No, I'm sorry," he said.

Jin put a hand on his shoulder. "She's fine. We'll find her eventually."

Mogui's shoulders sagged, and we excused ourselves from Ben and company to discuss what we'd learned with each other.  I need a better name for Ben.