At the Exchange...

So, I figured out where they were keeping Bumi, and with the help of another couple of guards, we got him to the exchange point just after the two groups met. I rode down on Bumi's coffin.
"Hi, everybody!" Bumi called out.
"Morning, folks," I said as the coffin touched the ground.
"You brought my brother?" Mai asked.
"He's here," Aang called. "We're ready to trade."

"I'm sorry," Azula said to Mai. "But a thought just occurred to me. Do you mind?"
"Of course not, Princess Azula."
"We're trading a two-year-old for a king," she looked up at Bumi. "A powerful, earthbending king?"
Bumi nodded in agreement.
"It just doesn't seem like a  fair trade, does it?" she finished.
"You're right," Mai walked forward as Azula grinned behind her. "The deal's off."
"One mo..." I said, lifting a hand.
"You dare defy me?!" Azula growled at me.
"No, your highness, but the governor want's his son back, and I have already proved that I can withstand their tortures. Why not trade me instead? Everyone is happy, and I'm back where I was before."

Azula gave it a thought. "You will learn the location of the waterbender who shares your hair colour?"
"I can try, princess," I said, bowing low.
"A selfless act on behalf of a helpless baby. Maybe you are a real Fire Nation soldier after all," Azula said sarcastically.
"I think Mogui will make a fine father," Ty Lee said as I turned to join Aang.
"Is that an offer?" I asked back before walking up to her and kissing her cheek.
"Maybe, if you survive..." she grinned back.

I walked towards the group with Ty Lee in tow. Katara handed the baby to the other girl before freezing my hands behind my back again.
She was rather sloppy about it, freezing splatters all over my arms and back. And talk about freezer burn...

Bumi was winched back up. He was clearly amused by the whole thing and called out a farewell to the trio of would-be rescuers. Then Aang did something totally stupid... Why would he do that? And, no, Azula! Oh... Damnit...

Aang lost his hat...
"The Avatar!" Azula gasped. "My lucky day."
The two girls charged at us.
"Freeze my legs," I whispered to Katara as I shouldered her away from me, pretending to join the fight.
She seemed to understand as she took me out first and put me in a kind of ice cocoon. I watched as Mai and Katara threw knives at each other. Then Ty Lee took Katara down.
"How are you gonna fight without your bending?" Mai taunted.
A boomerang hit the knife she was just about to throw and knocked it out of her hand.
"I seem to do just fine," Sokka quipped back.

Just then, Appa landed nearby, and I was thrown by something onto his back. Maybe Katara got her bending back quickly?

Once in the air, we spotted Aang and Bumi.
"There they are!" Katara called.
"We can catch him," Sokka answered.
"I'm cold!" I yelled.
Fire blasts from Azula stopped us from getting close enough to pick them up, but we were still close enough to be seen. I stayed down. It probably was a good idea cause the coffin would have probably taken my head off...
"Not that cold!" I yelled back at the princess. "I'd rather not get freezer burn and real burn at the same time."

After another minute or so of chasing the coffin, we finally picked up Aang. Bumi was gone, though.
"It's okay. I know where they are keeping him. Get me out of the ice, and I'll tell you everything I know. This stuff is freezing."
"No need," Aang replied. "He is waiting for the right moment to strike."
"I'd still like to get out now."
Katara finally defrosted me, and I could finally feel my fingers again.
"Well, that worked like a dream...." I said.
"It did?" Aang asked back.
"Sarcasm is a foreign language to you,  isn't it?"