Being Handled

A/N: Hey everyone!  SashaL finally finished this chapter so that I can send it to all of you!  It looks like these next few might be very close together and short, just we get closer to the end.  Enjoy!

The monorail ride was still boring, even if we were over the mid-ring. Seriously, this city was massive! Even bigger than the city we came from back in our world. Mogui was still trying to crack jokes, so I kept cracking him in the ribs. I seriously don't want to get on the Dai Lee's bad side just yet. And, of course, Joo Dee will be reporting everything to Secret Agent Moustache man.

Jin looked like she was falling asleep as The Sheldon Smile gave us running commentary about the city. Sokka tried to get her to take us to the king again, but no luck. When our car stopped, Sokka turned to Toph to vent his frustration.

"Is that woman deaf? She only seems to hear every other word I say."

"It's called 'being handled'," she sighed, then I let my foot flap a little as we walked.

"Not that everyone who looks out for us is bad," Toph added hastily, realising her 'handler' was standing right there. "Just we can take care of ourselves."

"Get used to it," I thumped a hand on Sokka's back. 

He almost fell on his face.

Toph crossed her arms, and Aang and Katara looked at Sokka hopelessly.

Mogui woke Jin up by putting a hand on her knee as he stood. She wasn't asleep, so she punched him in the kidney as she stood up.

The duo joined us, with him rubbing more than his bruised ego. I decided to thump him in the shoulder again cause he must have done something stupid when I wasn't paying attention. At least this station was pretty.