Get to work, Chop chop!

A/N: Heellloooo~ So, even though chapter uploads are slow, SashaL and I are trying xD Other news, I was wondering who you guys ship Mog, Amaya, Jin, and Muteki with outside of Avatar. Like, what other wacky random ships are out there? If I see one I like, I might write a short one-shot for everyone and post it on my page with the Blooper Reel. Also, if anyone has fanart for this stuff, I'd love to see it! Otherwise, sorry for the slow chapters; I'll do better!

So Socks had the drill map and led us into this massive space between the inner and outer sections, full of industrial l-beams. Like I could lie down across it and not hang off the edge. Everything was bathed in a reddish light. I loved it.

"Wow," Sokka gasped. "It looks a lot thicker in person than it does in the plans."

"Didn't I say it would?" Jin questioned, folding her arms and jutting her hips as she gave him a questioning look.

"Uh," Sokka cleared his throat, flushing slightly. "Anyway, we're going to have to work pretty hard to cut through that."

Katara crossed her arms and mimicked Jin's pose. "What's this 'we' stuff? Aang and I are going to have to do all the work."

"Wait, what about me and Jin?" I asked. "I know a bit about welding. I could probably cut through one of those in ten minutes."

"Since when could you produce a jet of fire hot enough to melt through metal?" Jin shot at me, the sassy look directed at me instead.

"Haven't yet, but, honestly, how hard can it be?" I shrugged back.

"The energy required is enormous, not to mention that my fire is cold," Jin fired back.

"Oh yeah," I remembered.

"Look, I'm the plan guy," Sokka waved his arms around and started karate chopping. "You guys are the 'cut stuff up with bending' guys. Together, we're Team Avatar!"

At the end of his little skit, he struck a heroic pose.

"Weren't we the complaining duo?" I pouted.

"That too," he shrugged.

Aang and Katara exchanged mortified looks, while Jin looked ready to smack both of us. I grinned with a shrug and lit a fireball in my hand.

"So, how hot do I need to get this?" I asked, glancing at Jin.

"I think trying to melt this will just cook us alive," she answered, a thoughtful expression on her face. "But if you heated it until it was red hot, I could use my cold fire to rapid freeze it. Rapidly heating and then cooling metal will make it brittle and easier to break."

"So if you two make it brittle, Aang and Katara might be able to cut through it quicker?" Sokka asked.

"Precisely."

"So we have the plan guy and plan girl?" I asked, grinning suggestively to Jin.

She grunted, then punched my arm. "Just heat the metal, bonehead."

"But how hot do I need to make it?" I frowned. "If I wanted to melt it through?"

Jin rolled her eyes, "I already told you, to melt it, you'd have to get a pretty high temperature, and that is dangerous."

"I was called 'Asbestos hands' by my trainer!" I grinned as we took up position. "I'm immune to burning."

"Explain the sunburn last week," Jin retorted.

"Ok, so maybe I'm not immune to the sun making the decision to make a meal out of my face..."

"What was that about your trainer?" Katara asked as Jin began to super freeze the beam that I had turned cherry red.

"My trainer?" I pondered what I had just said. "He... I think he was from the desert... I can remember his face."

Jin nudged me as the two waterbenders took over, trying to bring down the beam. Her expression had the 'shut up, and we'll discuss this later' look.

"But that's all!" I lied as the waterbenders passed a blob of water back and forth. Despite making the metal brittle, it still wasn't easy to cut all the way through. At best, cracks were forming around the constant barrage of water.

"Ok," Katara smiled.

By the time Katara and Aang had managed to cut through about half of the beam, Jin and I had made about three or four other supports brittle. Katara doubled over in exhaustion as Jin and I swiped some sweat from our faces. Working fire in such an enclosed space. Jin was right. If we tried to melt the beams, we'd all have steamed to death.

"C'mon team, don't quit now!" Sokka cheered, pumping his arms in the air. "We're-"

Katara growled at her brother, who jumped back in surprise.

"I mean," he coughed. "You're almost there."

He pointed reassuringly at the half-cut, rather cracked looking beam.

The two waterbenders resumed their attempt while Jin paused to look around us. Sokka watched, eager anticipation growing on his face. Finally, with an audible snap, the beam was cut in two, grinding down the angled cut a little before screeching to a halt. A groaning sound echoed around the chamber as Katara and Aang sighed in exhaustion.

"At this rate, we won't do enough damage before the drill reaches the wall," Katara breathed heavily, clearly exhausted.

Aang flopped down onto his butt, also breathing heavy. "I don't know how many more of those I have in me."

Another ominous shudder and low moan passed down the length of the drill.

"Do you hear that?!" Sokka shouted. "We took it down. We better get out of here fast!"

Jin and I glanced at each other before jogging to catch up with the other three as they headed towards the doorway.

"Congratulations, crew," a voice cut over, echoing through the halls. "The Drill has made contact with the wall of Ba Sing Se. Start the countdown to victory!"