Be a good Waifu

A/N: Apologies, Amaya appears to have very short chapters still.  I promise I'll do my best to make them worthwhile!

While Zuko and Iroh had gone to work at the tea shop, I was apparently to stay home and... do stuff. Wifey stuff? Regardless, I was cleaning our little place, sorting out the small room so that it was curtained off to where I would sleep. It wasn't much, but it would do.

Once I had finished cleaning and such, I took the small amount of money we did have and decided to find ingredients for whatever might be possible for dinner. Veggies and maybe some meat and salt, and maybe I could make a stew?

I quickly realised meat wouldn't be possible and settled on making a bean soup.

Once in the door, I set my purchases on the counter and sighed.

"Best get started," I murmured to no one in particular. "When they get back, I'll heat it again, and we can eat. Oh, did I remember tea?"

Yes, I did.

While cutting the potatoes and carrots, my hand slipped.

"Ah, mother ape-butt," I cursed, hurrying to heal the cut.

When that was dealt with, I sighed heavily again. 

"Pay attention, you twit," I muttered, cleaning up the mess and rewashing everything.

While the pot simmered, I sat quietly watching it.