Jasmine Dragon

When I had gotten back with my arms full of groceries, part of me was glad that Iroh was there to help me. The other part of me was still awkward from yesterday, so I thanked him softly and set about preparing to make dinner. They were home a lot earlier than I'd anticipated, and Iroh explained it was because he'd been given a new tea shop in the upper ring. We were to move in the morning, so Zuko was packing his meagre belongings. I would do that too; once I served the food.

Zuko came out, though I had my back to him, stirring the stew I'd decided to make.

"So," Iroh said, breaking the tense silence. "I've been thinking about names for my new tea shop. How about... the Jasmine Dragon? It's dramatic, poetic, has a nice ring to it..."

"The Avatar's here in Ba Sing Se," Zuko said, completely disregarding what Iroh had said. It seemed he was back to his old self. "And he's lost his bison."

"We have a chance for a new life here," Iroh answered. "If you start stirring up trouble, we could lose all the good things that are happening for us."

"Good things that are happening for you!" Zuko snapped. 

 I reached into the cupboard and pulled out two bowls and cups, setting them down. The tea would be made soon. I also got out some spoons since the stew was more of a soup. 

 "Have you ever thought that I want more from life than a nice apartment and a job serving tea?"

"There is nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity," Iroh said earnestly. "I suggest you think about what it is that you want for your life and why."

Zuko mumbled something out the window as I poured servings into the bowls and tea into the cups. I set them on the table and quietly made my way into the room, and started to pack. It took all of one minute, and I went back to grab a bowl for myself. I could've done that from the start, but I forgot that I really didn't own more than the clothes I wore. Three outfits for the week and sleep clothes. Oh, and the outfit I was currently wearing. And, of course, all the other things young ladies might need. As I walked into the living room area, Zuko stalked past me, his food in one hand.

Iroh sighed, then snapped his fingers as he looked up at me. "The Tea Weevil!"

My face scrunched into an involuntary expression of disgust.

"No, you're right," Iroh sighed, sipping his tea. "It's stupid."

I sat down and saw Zuko had left his tea untouched.

"He will come around," Iroh said, looking at me gently. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I said softly, eating my stew-soup. "Did you have any other ideas for your shop's name?"

"I'm still fond of the first choice," he said with a warm smile. "You have been a good influence on my nephew, even if you cannot see it."

"Iroh, I think it sounds lovely," I set down my bowl and picked up Zuko's cup to take to him. "But I'm not Jasmine."