Challenge Accepted

Appa flew closer to the outer wall, and as we passed over it, I released a sigh of relief to see the drill was still there.

"Never thought I'd be happy to see Fire Nation war gear," I commented to no one in particular.

"But what is it?" The Earth King questioned, looking over his shoulder at me.

"It's a drill," Sokka said. 

 The King turned his attention to the Water Tribe boy as he explained it to him. 

 "A giant drill, made by the Fire Nation so they could break through your walls."

It was still partway in the wall, although there was now a perimeter set up around it. Appa landed, letting us all off.

Mogui and Muteki were chatting about the view before it devolved into a spitting contest to see who could spit the furthest.

"Boys," I muttered, rolling my eyes as Muteki punched Mogui's shoulder when Mog lost.

Meanwhile, on the serious side of the wall...

"I can't believe I never knew," the Earth King stood, staring down at the metal monster, pale-faced.

"How old were you when you took the throne?" I asked, leaning on the wall next to him.

"Five," he admitted.

"No five year old can reasonably be expected to rule a kingdom," I said, looking over at him. "So naturally, someone else holds power until you could take it. The problem is, they made sure you wouldn't notice the real power never came to you."

He closed his fists, his jaw clenched. At that moment, Long Feng arrived on a stone elevator, flanked by two agents.

"I can explain this, Your Majesty," he said reasonably. "This is nothing more than... a construction project."

"Really?" Katara asked sarcastically as I leaned on her shoulder. "Then perhaps you can explain why there's a Fire Nation insignia on your construction project?"

"Well, it's imported, of course," Long Feng answered lamely. "You know you can't trust domestic machinery."

"Actually," Mogui said, stepping up on my other side. "This particular machine was blackmailed out of an Earth Kingdom civilian. So technically, it's domestic."

"Nice," Muteki said, high-fiving a smug-looking Mogui.

"Surely you don't believe these children, instead of your most loyal attendant!?" Long Feng demanded.

"Who are you calling children?" Muteki demanded. "I'll have you know Mog just turned eighteen not long ago, and Jin and I are past nineteen. We're not children."

"Yeah!" Sokka said enthusiastically.

"You're still a children," Mogui said, patting his friend on his shoulder as they slumped at the realisation of that truth.

"Am I a children?" Aang asked.

"Technically, no, but you are a child," Muteki answered.

"Aw, man."

During that little debate, I noticed indecision and shock on the Earth King's face.

"Your Majesty," I said while the boys patted each other on the back comically. "I know we didn't make the best of impressions. But Ba Sing Se needs its King to be strong, especially with everything that's coming."

A decision was reached, as he pointed at Long Feng, his expression hard. 

"Dai Li, arrest Long Feng. I want him to stand trial for crimes against the Earth Kingdom."

A moment's pause as the Dai Li shared a look. Then they secured his arms, and an outraged Long Feng glared at him.

"You can't arrest me," Long Feng yelled.

"Honey, he just did," I said sweetly, as Toph gave me a discreet low five.

"You all need me more than you know!" he continued to rant as he was dragged away.

"Looks like Long Feng is 'long gone'!" Sokka yelled mockingly before wiping a tear from his eye. "Ha! Oh, yeah, I've been waiting to use that one!"

The Earth King gave me a confused look, and I shrugged. "Stick around. It becomes normal eventually."

"When?"

"Still trying to figure that out," I said.

Katara started to laugh uncontrollably as Sokka made an indignant noise.