Decorations Must Be Up

Kinda procrastinating right now. I hate my drama teacher. "Okay here's your homework. Write two statements of intentions for tomorrow. I have to send them off on Monday, so on Monday we will go through each of the group's extracts." We have her class Monday, Thursday and Friday. Can't we hand them in on Monday bitch? I'm sorry. I hate her so much.

-------

It is our first weekend of December. Meaning it's time to decorate, and I have it off, luckily. (Is anyone else like this?) I woke up early, showered, dressed and then made Courtney and myself a basic breakfast of toast and coffee/tea, after running into her room like a madman and yelling at her to wake up. She's like a child. Then I run into the storage room and grab my boxes of decorations. Maybe I'll do it when Courtney goes to work. I moved the boxes into my room so she won't see them, I wanted it to be a surprise. She walked in, ate her food and thanked me. She did her hair and texted Shayne to come and pick her up.  

A knock came from the door, which i answered while Courtney grabbed her bag. Damien walked in, smiling "Morning. Shayne's downstairs Court" she nodded "Okay, thanks. See ya Y/N, Damien. Have fun" she smirked at me then left. I closed the door behind her and ran to my room, forgetting about the unwanted guest in the living room. I dragged the boxes out one by one and put Christmas songs on. 

"What are you doing?" A deep voice asked from behind me, as i forgot who had entered my apartment earlier, i turned around and jumped slightly. "Oh, hi Damien." I smile arkwardly.  I explain what im doing and he smiles "I'll help" he says, opening a box. "N-no. It's fine. why don't you do your apartment. I bet i can decorate mine better" I challenge, hoping he doesn't help me. It was a tradition for me to decorate my house alone, i kind of wanted to keep it that way. He narrowed his eyes "You're on. Let's say, 6 tonight we'll see each others?" i agree and he leaves. I still have the head start. 

--Timeskip brought to you by Frosty the Snowman--

I had the tree up with little presents under it, plastic ginger bread men house in the kitchen,  a wreath on our door,  a china Santa on the fireplace, stockings up(with our names on), lights and tinsel EVERYWHERE, light-up reindeer in the hall, wreaths on Courtney and my room doors, and fake snow on the fireplace surface, coffee table and the small table next to the door.  Snow flakes were taped to the ceiling, i think it looks like a winter wonderland. I look at the clock (that's in a Santa belly) and see its only 5. I grab my phone and pause the Christmas music and text Damien.

Day Time💕

Y: Hey Damien, just finished decorating, guess i win

D: Aww, thats cute. no.

Y: I finished first, and i think it will be hard to out do this

D: really, well ill come round at 6, the deadline yeah? 

Y: sure, love ya!💕

D: love you too

D: Shayne how do i put up a  christmas tree

Y: Wrong number boo

D: Shit. 

D: i mean, ive already done that, im messing with ya

Y: sure...

Y: enjoy that tree💕

I laugh at the messages and sit on the sofa