The Email

UPDATED: July 2022

Y/N's POV

------------

After a long day of applying for a variety of jobs around LA, I finally get back to my hotel room, plopping straight onto my bed and turning on my laptop, logging into Youtube and looking for a good video to watch to take my mind off of waiting for a reply. Suddenly my phone beeps, alerting me of a text from my old childhood friend, Courtney Miller. We used to be next door neighbours, and best friends, but we don't talk too much now due to her busy schedule and her success with working at Smosh. I pick up my phone and read the text. ....

Courtney: So I heard from a little birdie that you moved to LA? Wanna meet up later today?

Me: Yeah sure, what time do you finish work?

Courtney: I just finished the last shoot for EBE, wanna grab a Starbucks? There's one near South Park.

Me: Sure, be there in 10

Courtney: See you soon

I turn off my TV, quickly changing into a nicer outfit before I lock up the room and begin heading to the Starbucks. I pull up Google Maps for directions and get some music playing through my headphones.

--------------------

I walk into Starbucks and look around, seeing Courtney running over. She's changed a lot since I last saw her in person. Courtney calls my name before engulfing me into a bone crushing hug. "Hey there Court!" I smile, hugging her back before she lets me go. Courtney leads me over to a table in the corner, with four guys and a girl seated on it. Courtney introduces me to them as I wave awkwardly. The other girl stands up and sticks out her hand, introducing herself to me as Olivia. I smile and shake her hand as she goes to sit back down with Courtney. I sit in the empty seat next to Courtney an look at the four boys sat opposite us. One of them is wearing Glasses and has brown hair, one has pink hair and is also wearing glasses, one has dirty blonde hair and the other has round sunglasses on and is wearing a hat. They introduce themselves as Damien, Noah, Shayne and Keith. Courtney and I go up and order some coffee before sitting down and getting to know everyone. 

After a while the conversation dies down and Courtney asks me where i'm saying. I tell her about the hotel room as I drink some more of my drink. Courtney turns to look at me and offers her spare room to me, saying it would be better then a hotel room. I nod and gratefully accept the offer with a smile, quickly giving her a hug and finishing my drink. After a while of talking we put our stuff into the bin and all leave the coffee shop. Keith and Noah call an uber and head out together, whereas the rest of us climb into Courtney's car. Olivia sits at the front with Courtney while I sat in the back with Shayne and Damien. We have a good conversation and we exchange numbers before Courtney drops them both off. We drive down to Olivia's place and drop her off, going to the hotel. Once we get to my hotel room and Courtney helps me pack up my stuff. We put all my stuff into her car, I pay for the room and we go back to her car, driving to her apartment. 

Walking into Courtney's apartment felt unreal, the whole place was decorated so beautifully. She walked me over to the spare room and handed me an apartment key. "It's going to be awesome hanging out again!" She spoke with a smile. We unloaded the car with all my stuff and I began to unpack and plan decorating. Once I put my stuff away I make the bed before flopping onto it and opening my laptop and checking my emails. I click through and read any new ones. I look through and see I didn't get the job I applied for. I shrug it off and watch some Netflix before going into a dreamless sleep. 

-------------------------------------------------------

So I'm writing this new story *insert clapping sound here* as there aren't enough Damien stories out there. I'll try and update frequently but if I don't then I either have writers block, focusing on a different book or am too busy. If you enjoyed this chapter vote (if ya want) and comment if you have any ideas. See you in the next chapter!!