Interview #41 @Eliza_Victoria_13

1 What's the best way to spend a rainy day?

My favorite way to spend a rainy day is to curl up with a book and some sort ofhot beverage, covered up by thick blankets and the mandatory obese cat.

2 What inspired you to write?

It's hard to pinpoint what inspired me to write in general because I've been doingit for as long as I can remember. From reading books like "The Magic Treehouse"series and "Dragon Rider" at a young age I was so in awe of the way the authorswove an entire world together from simple vocabulary I had had to learn inschool. The fascination I would say started there, with the first books I trulybegan to love. For each individual project though, the inspiration comes from amultitude of places; normally a significant life event or the desire that myrecent reading conquest had ended differently. It all depends on the piece.

3 What's your favorite thing about wattpad?

My favorite thing about Wattpad is truly the other users on the site. Of course, Icould go on about how the platform allows young and amateur writers to gettheir work out there- and that's a fantastic thing-, but the beauty of it alllies in the audience and community. When I was about thirteen I had a differentaccount ( long since deleted) on here writing One Direction fanfiction, andfrom the first time I hit that "publish" button in 2012, I was flooded withimmediate support. Since then, coming back to the platform years later with amuch better grip on the craft and several more years of experience I havegotten nothing but wonderful feedback that has helped me improve my skillstenfold, not to mention the kind comments gushing about the book. I've met somewonderful people on here and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

4 What's your favorite book?

Asking what book is a reader and writer's favorite is like asking to choose between having the option to breathe or swallow. But, I will go as far as to narrow the long list of titles down to two. "Gone With the Wind" by the legendary Margaret Mitchell is the first. It is an incredibly enjoyable read that anyone would treasure because it's a very typical setting- the American Civil War- told in such an atypical and brutally realistic way. Drama, romance, action- it really does deal with it all and shows the war as well as the time period in a vastly different way than we are taught in school. The second of which is a very recent read, "My Dear Hamilton," By Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie. Unfortunately, I have seen no buzz around this book, but honestly I believe that any young woman who is feeling lost with herself in general, but especially when it comes to finding the right person for them- it is a great read. I have to say that book influenced me deeper than any novel has thus far.

5 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment?

I will forever be shell-shocked when I log on to see votes, follows and comments.Comments in particular I get very excited to see and read. I always feel likeI've done something special when someone took the time to digest my work andmake a statement about the piece or about a character. Especially if there'sbeen a twist in that chapter- best feeling ever!

6 what's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would truly be to just relive one that I already took. The summer after graduation my best friend's parents took us, her brother and hisfriend down to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Although we got lost a time or twoin town, and we may or may not have stayed up much too late eating way too muchcandy- it was the happiest week of my life that I would give anything to liveanother day in.

7 How would you advise a wattpad newbie?

I really hesitate to give advice on Wattpad to anyone new because I've only been writing seriously on here since June of 2018, so I feel hardly like a veteranof the site. I guess the best thing I could tell someone wanting to besuccessful on here is to network. Of course, keep writing and doing your bestwith your stories, really put your heart into it, but also put some effort intogetting to know your favorite authors and the people around you writing similarthings. I've learned seriously valuable tricks, gotten plot advice and evenstory ideas from fellow friends I've made on here. There's a fine line though,don't go around pushing your book in everyone's face begging for reads, votesand comments. Take time to find people you genuinely admire and enjoy theirwork. By making real, good friendships, it will encourage you to be active onthe site and will make it ten times more enjoyable.

8 What's one wattpad goal?

My goal overall on Wattpad is to eventually get a novel published and in stores. Iknow that's a big one, but I can't be any more honest than that! I've wanted tobe an author for as long as I can remember and I hope by working hard onWattpad this will be a stepping stone to that big goal.

9 If you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

If I could get advice from my favorite author I would have to ask my beloved DianaGabaldon. I want to hear personally how to make a story that is both characterand plot driven simultaneously, and how to write what is going to become amodern classic.

10 Who is your favorite celeb?

My favorite celeb.... That's tough. I really love old Hollywood actors and actresseslike Vivian Leigh, James Dean and Clarke Gable. I also am absolutely obsessedwith the cast of STARZ's Outlander series based on the books by Diana Gabaldon.On the other hand, though I'm a diehard NASCAR fan, and especially my favoritedriver Chase Elliott. That question, I really don't think I can answer!

11 What's a song you enjoy? who is the artist?

My favorite song changes constantly. Very recently I met someone special, so at the moment I'd have to go with "Livin' On Love" by the great Alan Jackson

Request time!

If anyone is looking for a book in progress that touches on a variety of things, I would recommend my novel, "Number Nine." Truly, it has a little bit of everything in it; drama, romance, thrills and hard-hitting topics. I'm writing it so hopefully anyone who picks it up will be able to find a piece of themselves in a character or in an experience our protagonists face. Enjoy!

 Enjoy!