interview 1 @Lila-Mina

1 what's your favorite book?

I've loved too many over the years to pick one, in too many genres. But the Judge Dee series by Robert van Gulik had a huge impact on me. That and 'Shogun' by James Clavell. 

2 how would you advise a Wattpad newbie?

Reach out to fellow writers, show them love and support if you liked their stories, they will feel compelled to check your work, too. It's an amazing but huge community, and to really enjoy it, it's great to get in personal touch with people who share the same affinity as you.

3 what's one Wattpad goal?

To get feedback on my stories, to see what I can improve, what works, what people enjoy and what they like less.

4 what's your favorite holiday and why?

These days, my calendar follows the rhythm of Japanese holidays, so my favorite is 'Golden week': early May, we've got a few days off in a row during the best time of the year. It's a great moment to enjoy a break.

5 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment?

Yes, always! I've not been here long enough, nor am I popular enough to feel blaze because someone enjoys my writing. I'm always so excited about it!

6 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

 I'd say Lucy Liu and I'd ask her to teach me a few of her kick-ass moves.

7 what inspired you to write?

Writing has always been my creative outlet. I can't draw or paint, but I've always loved writing. For the past year, my life in Japan is my number one source of inspiration.

8 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I'd take my husband to a fancy place and we'd get drunk on champagne. Or mojitos. Or both!

9 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you choose and what would you ask?

It's hard to pick one author! I guess I'd choose Stephen King because he's such a prolific and talented writer. His work left a long-lasting impression on me when I began to write. He's got such a way to instill anxiety, then real horror in the reader, and while this is not my genre, I want to make my readers feel the emotions of my characters. Get immersed in the universes I create. So this is something I want to work on again and again.

10 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

These days, I'm listening to Simon and Garfunkel, and I can't get "The Boxer" out of my head. Such amazing lyrics, powerful melody and humbling voices.

But if I want to get all pumped and ready in the morning, "Move Your Body" by Sia is my poison of choice.

11 what's your dream vacation?

These days, an old, renovated house in the deep south of Italy. Among olive trees and overlooking the sea. No internet. A lot of food.

Request time!

Well, folks, if you want to read something different, that will shock you, make you laugh, cringe, weep, happy, scared, and more often than not quite aroused, feel free to check my award-winning TEMPER series.

It's a dark romance treading into women's fiction. It features several powerful ladies ready to fight for what they hold dear and true, a couple of domineering guys who should know better, and a handful of Japanese demons who want to claim them.

Go for it you're into explicit stories, avoid if you're more a 'fade-to-black' reader.