interview #27 @ShannAllyson

1 If you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

Between Lisa Magnum and J.K. Rowling, I would choose Rowling because her works on the Harry Potter series and Fantastic Beasts are almost similar to my unpublished works. The advice I would ask for would be how to interpret the magical world into the real world.

2 What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

It really depends on how my mood is and what I am writing. Usually when I write, I would be stressed and frustrated. In that case, I would be listening to instrumental music first to calm my nerves. Then, I put on a song I enjoy like The Cab's "La La" or "These Are the Lies."

3 What's your favorite book?

It really just comes down to two books which are 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher and The Hourglass Door by Lisa Magnum, though I'd prefer The Hourglass Door any day! THD is a time-traveling romance book between a girl around our time and a boy who's from before our time. I really didn't want to put the book down right towards the end, and I would always reread it.

Who is your favorite celeb?

I don't really have just one favorite celebrity as sometimes they would change.Lara Condor and Ross Butler are me recent favorites, though!

5 What's one wattpad goal? 

I only have one complete book right now, and that's my first poem collection volume. I really would love to see myself finish two entire books at least bythe end of the summer season or the beginning of the fall season. I alwayscreate new ideas and they sometimes don't go with the book's storyline, so Ireally need to stop doing that unless it fits to my liking. How many reads Iget and how many votes I have I don't care at the moment as I want to focus onjust the book itself.

6 What's the best thing about Wattpad?

The people you meet!!! I've encountered so many great people, and I've got to befriended some of them along the way! It's really great to see that the friends you make doubles as a great supporter as well! They're always there to help in any way shape or form, whether to bring fresh ideas to your book, help with critical feedback or to cheer you up from a bad day.

7 How would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I would celebrate it with my real-life friendsafter announcing the news on my profile - not just here but my other socialmedia as well. I have a bunch of supporters here with me, and they always cheerme on!

8 What's a good piece of advice for a wattpad newbie?

Always double check your chapters before publishing them. Whether it be grammarmistakes or mistaking a character for another, you always need to keep awatchful eye! Trust me, I did the same thing when I was new myself. You shouldalso stick to what you got instead of creating a whole new story for your book.One of the first book I wrote was a romance novel, and it took me two years to figureout how I wanted to write it. There was so many mistakes and plot ideas that Icouldn't stick to just one, so I would suggest that you stick to your gut andfollow from there!

9 What's your favorite movie?

It wouldn't really be a shocker when I say To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Ireally enjoy watching the movie myself! I have Netflix on my phone, so youwould catch me rewatching it almost every other week!

10 What's your favorite holiday and why?

Christmas! It's where you can gather your friends, family and your special someone (well,I have one) altogether in under one roof (that is, if it's not too crowded).It's also a holiday that falls from the winter season and depending on whereyou are - SNOW! We didn't have snow back to where I was from, so when I movedto a different location I waited for winter to come. Also, I love the cold. I'malso charismatic and fun to be around, so Christmas for me is when I can be thejoyous of all!

11 What's your schedule regrading your writing?

Between writing and my personal life, I have set it in stone that I would update from the late afternoon every day excluding the weekends. However, I'm recently a host in an awards and gotten myself three job positions in a community. It may be a lot to go through, which means hard work is in play. Honestly, I don't mind getting occupied because from all others it would keep me inspired to see where my writing leads me.

Request time:

This is honestly going to be the hardest one in opposition from the questions. Even though most of my books are incomplete, I know how they end. I mostly write romance books other than fantasy/adventure of which you won't find most of. You will also find a hint of mystery of which I will recommend sharing. One of them is called Secret Identity: A Lizzy Mystery. Normally I would recommend any of my romance books, but I fell in love writing Secret Identity. The twists that I have thought of will leave you breathless. Yes, you will only see a few chapters. However, a decision was made weeks ago that some chapters will be left as a cliffhanger so I would bring readers in wanting more! I would recommend giving Secret Identity a try! If it's not up your ally, I have other books you can look through of which I don't mind! I want you to have a variety of books to choose from, but Secret Identity is highly recommended.