interview #18 @Soappington

1 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

 I used to have a schedule when it came to writing. I'd to write on Wednesday afternoons and whenever I had the time during the weekends. Unfortunately, due to my studies, it's now impossible to know when I have free time, so I try to write whenever. This unfortunately usually means really late at night.

2 what inspired you to write?

Ihad a weird dream once involving a girl running away while giving a piggy-backride to what was obviously a dead woman. The girl kept stumbling, tripping, andfalling, but refused to let go of the corpse, even when the cadaver itselfstarted speaking to her and telling her to let it go. (It was a pretty strangedream.) When I woke up, a part of me wanted to understand the reasons behindwhy the girl was running away, and why the corpse meant so much to her. Myfirst proper book idea was born.

3 how would you handle a bully?

Well,I used to have really bad front teeth that would stick out, so I've had to dealwith bullies before. The most common piece of advice you get is 'ignore them',which is probably the hardest thing to do. My piece of advice would be to find friends.That's how I stopped getting bullied. The thing about bullies is, the minuteyou fight back or show them that you can, there's a very high chance thatthey'll stop. I'm not implying that you should start a fistfight, but don'ttake any crap from them. Don't let them insult you, or shove you around, orscare you into doing their dirty work. Personally, I now never have to dealwith a bully because everyone knows each other in my school, but if I ever hadto, I'd let word of their actions spread. That's how someone gets shut downpretty quickly in my school. Of course, different schools, differentenvironments. 

4 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote ,follow or comment ?

If I open my phone, and I get a notification saying that someone's voted/commented on my book and/or followed my account, my first reaction is usually a surprised 'Oh!'

So yeah, I guess you could say I still go over the moon when I see that someone appreciates my content. I suppose I'm too used to a small circle of people reading my work.

5 what's your favorite book?

Probably 'One Hand Clapping' by Lise Leroux.

It's one of the most thought out books I've ever read, and it can plant an image in your head without using elaborate description, which is a skill I envy greatly. Plus, there's a lot of symbolism throughout the book, something that I'm a big fan of, since I put symbolism in my own work. Unfortunately, it's probably one of the hardest books to find. I happened to stumble upon it by chance.

6 what's your favorite holiday and why?

I'm going to have to go with Halloween.

Maybe it's the side of me that's always had a slight fascination for the macabre, but I like the idea (which I believe was one of the reasons why Halloween was celebrated) of dressing up as a monster in order to scare away the dead. Plus, the whole process of planning out an outfit, hanging out with friends, carving pumpkins, dancing to Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'... Well, it's all rather enticing.

7 what's your favorite movie?

'GingerSnaps'. Yes, it's a pretty old and cheesy horror movie, but it always will havea special place in my heart. Maybe because the movie is a giant pun based offof periods, or because I got really attached to the characters which issomething that doesn't really happen when I watch a movie. Honestly, I stillcry when I watch the ending.

8 what's one Wattpad goal?

Myone Wattpad goal, which I've always had, Is to improve. That's it. I neversigned up to this website to get famous, or a fanbase. All I've really wantedto do is find a way to get feedback, and it has really helped. I remembergetting the harshest comment I've ever received. It hurt so much I had to takea cold shower, but I'm indebted to the author, since I believe it's probablythe comment which has helped me the most. 

9 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

Oh man, to have to pick one... I suppose I'd go with Ellen Page? Her acting is so good it just blows me away every time I see her on-screen. I'm not sure of what we'd do, probably just a typical hangout with my friends where I'd nonchalantly introduce her to them and watch them struggle as they attempted to let the fact that she was standing right in front of them sink in. Either that or I'd just go on a massive bender with her and get to know her during that.

Maybe also ask her where the fountain of youth is while I'm at it.

10 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

So this is going to be quite the answer- the community.

Now, I know Wattpad is rather infamous for its horrible community, I've read many rant books complaining about people not being here to write but being here just to get famous. But I've actually managed to meet a handful of good people during my time on here, and I'd never give that up for the world.

11 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

Terry Pratchett for sure! Honestly if he appeared in my room in the middle of the night while I was writing, I'd immediately drop down to my knees and veneer him while he cracked a joke about me making the other gods jealous. This is the genius that managed to write roughly over 40 books that are infused with humor. I'd probably ask him what his process was for finishing his books or finding motivation to do so.

request time!

I Curse Thee.

It has werewolves, vampires, demons, cultists and curses!

And no, it's not about an age long war between them.

It's about a cult attempting to bring on the end of the world, a werewolf trying to help out someone who reminds him of himself, a punk freaking out about who he is, a 19-year-old cursed girl who has just left her parents' house, and a vampire with amnesia.