interview #17 @Tiz0519

1 what is your advice for a newcomer?

For a newcomer, I would first read, and read and read. Look at the books you like and try to understand what makes this book good. Channel that into your writing. If you have time, join clubs, competitions, anything to get your name out there. But in the end, just be you and someone will like it. Write for enjoyment, not for fame. If it becomes a chore, stop and realize what you're doing isn't right for you.

2 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

I don't really have a schedule. I just basically go to my room when I get home, put on some music (either a pre-made playlist to tailor to the scene or my defaults, Hamilton and Panic! At The Disco, or maybe BTS), and just write. I've found music really helps me to get the right emotions for the scene. Other than that, I just write. When I get bored of it, I stop, do some reading, watch some YouTube, or some writing advice videos. Then I go right back.

3 what's your favorite holiday and why?

My favorite holiday would have to be Christmas. First off, six weeks off school. Second, beaches and summertime (hopefully no heatwaves). Third, you get to both give presents and receive them. 

4 what's one Wattpad goal?

My goal right now is to finish Five Days and clean up my page, and to get maybe 1k on Five Days when it's finished. I haven't committed to many of my stories before, but I aim for this one to be different.

5 what's your favorite book?

I have a lot. I love Rick Riordan and Erin Hunter books, the latter not so much anymore, as well as dozens of individual books I can't even list. I just like books in general. On Wattpad, I would have to say The Peter Pan Effect, or the Kidnapped By Cannibals series. Another Wattpad book I really like and even read with my sister was Save Me From Myself.

6 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

A song I enjoy... We might be here a while. I would have to say Paris by the Chainsmokers, because not only do I like the song in general, but it was one of the first songs my sister and I ever had saved, recorded from the radio. We're very close but we've grown apart lately, so it brings back happy memories. Other songs I like, or just artists, literally all of Hamilton, P!ATD, BTS, and that one song with too many Du's by Blackpink. I could go on forever, but I'll leave it there.

7 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do?

I don't really follow any celebs, but for my sister's purposes whatever K-Pop guy is her favorite and I could bring her and hang out with all of them and she'd be like so happy and that would make me happy. Yeah. That.

8 what's your dream vacation?

Probably just all around the place, completely unplanned and in a new place every day. I don't know why but that sort of thing just always sounded fun. Maybe because all the stories my mum told me about her doing it. Except I would be smarter and not go pony trekking in a war zone by accident. 

9 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

my favorite author would have to be Rick Riordan so let's go with how the hell do you get your ideas, or how to make likeable characters. Mine just turn out 2D.

10 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

With lots of celebrations and screaming. I jump up and down when I'm excited, so I'd be like through the roof. Then I'd throw a party, invite the entirety of my one friend, and be weird with my sister. Probably a lot of swearing too, and mum would come in and question me about it and I'd tell her, and she'd start to. Then I would go back to drill sergeant mode, demand coffee I'm not gonna get, and go back to writing and forcing my poor unsuspecting family members to edit for me.

11 what's your favorite movie?

I don't like that many movies, but if I had to pick I would choose Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. Good movie, plus happy memories, since Dad gave it to me the first time we saw him since he moved out. Almost like a new beginning gift, even though it was really super late Christmas since he left Christmas Eve. Anyway, that.

request time!

For the request, I'd like to request my book Five Days

For the request, I'd like to request my book Five Days. It's set in a dystopian future where the males are infected with a deadly virus and the women are sent too fight. In five days, everybody dies. Sunan, a gender fluid prisoner with no idea where to go, must find the cure lest everyone he loves die. Kind of a dystopian teen fiction, I guess.