interview #40 @the_lost__soul

1. What inspired you to write?

I've been an avid reader since I can remember. I've been forever fascinated with the power a writer has; creating suck beautiful characters and bringing them to life.

For me, writing started from Poetry. I was twelve when I wrote my first poem for my dad. And then I just kept writing. Poetry became an outlet for me, it was a way to relieve myself of depression and constant anxiety.

2. What's the best thing about Wattpad?

Well, the best thing about Wattpad might be the number of mature books available to read!

Kidding.

The best thing about Wattpad is probably the support. Writers supporting writers, readers guiding readers. It's intimate and yet so anonymous. I love that a writer here can post his work, free of cost and get credit for it.

3. What's one Wattpad goal?

I think I want to be appreciated, just like every writer out there. I want my work to be recognized and understood the way I want them to be, but of course, all those things are based on fame. Which I don't have, right this time.

4. What's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

I have a mixed taste in music, so I listen to everything from classical to rock. My current favorite is "Skin" by "Ragnbobe". It's beautiful.

5. What's a piece of advice for a newcomer?

In the light of being a newcomer myself. I think my advice to others like me would be;

Be active. Follow people. Leave votes on the books you read, drop feedback and appreciate other writers. Write a few words of thanks to new followers and hit the follow back. Accept criticism, constructive criticism and build yourself, learn from your mistakes and try to be yourself as much as possible. Your writing, your creativity, it lives in your head, bring that out and write/type it down. Don't wait for inspiration, let your mind run wild. Great things are coming your way. Insha'Allah ❤

6. What's your favorite book?

Like I've said, I'm an avid reader since forever and I read EVERYTHING.------

7. What's your favorite holiday and why?

My favorite holidays are the Eid-ul-Fitar and Ramadan holidays. As it teaches us control and patience in Ramadan and happiness and reward in Eid-ul-Fitar. It gives us hope for betterment that after every trouble, there's happiness. And after every dark night there's an equally bright morning. It teaches us "Taqwa" and "Sabr-e-Jameel" and those are two very dope things ❤

8. What's your schedule regarding your writing?

I'm currently in an Exam phase, where I'm giving paper after paper every month. And I'm a nerd, Ekkh! . So, it gets hard to manage my writing and study. I haven't updated both of my stories for more than a month now. But Insha'Allah, once I'm over this Medical Examination, I'll be back to writing and reading.

Normally I'd update, two to three chapters a week.

9. What's your dream Vacation?

My dream vacation is packing a backpack and infinite am out of cash and going out alone to see Rome and Turkey.

10. If you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

If I could gain advice from one of my favorite authors, it would be J.K Rowlings. Like every other kid out there, I read her "Harry Potter Series" when I was young, and I still read them although I'm nineteen. I've always been a fan of her creative mind and livid imagination. I would ask her from where she got her inspiration from and what would be her advice to me to become as well-known as her?

11. If you could hang out with your favorite celeb, who would you choose and what would you do?

I would choose Ryan Reynolds! He has a great sense of humor and I feel like he'd be a great partner in debate and I hope we can hang out on the streets or the coffee shop, wearing Deadpool costumes and being badass

Request time!

And if you want to read any of my works, which are three BTW

And if you want to read any of my works, which are three BTW. I'd suggest you read "Bled Words" which is a dark poetry book made out of the constant jumbled mess which is my head . And if you're into romance I suggest you read "Paint Me Red" It's a story of a young girl suffering from depression, anxiety and self-hate after losing her parents and brother to a cruel murderer. It's about the struggle she goes through each day to look normal and a relative overview of my own mind.