Interview #26 @Smilie254

1 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

That is an amazing first question! Though I've dreamed about being published, I actually haven't thought about how I would celebrate. Most likely, I would want to treat myself to some sort of special dinner with a few family members and friends, while also sharing the news with everyone here on Wattpad that has helped me get to where I am today! 

2 what is your favorite holiday and why?

My favorite holiday would have to be Thanksgiving - it's usually only a few days(if not on) my birthday, and I honestly love the end-of-fall atmosphere thataccompanies the theme of being thankful!

3 what's a song you enjoy? Who is the artist?

Onesong in particular that I've been enjoying at the moment is This Feeling by TheChainsmokers and Kelsea Ballerini - it's been inspiring me to write for thefirst time in a long time, and I cannot quit listening to it!

4 what's your schedule regarding your writing?

My schedule at the moment is very unstructured - I went for quite a while with a very regimented schedule (writing every day, at least 2-3k words a day), and after going through a bit of a writers burnout of sorts, it's been taking me a while to get back into the swing of things. For the moment, I'm working on writing at least a chapter every two days in hopes of posting a new draft of one of my more popular novels to Wattpad in January.

5 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

Being very into science fiction novels, I would most likely turn to ask SuzanneCollins (The Hunger Games) or Scott Westerfeld (The Uglies) because those booksdefined who I was as a reader for the majority of my life. I would love to askhow they were able to create such intricate worlds - namely the setting, asboth main characters are teenage girls living in rather unusual circumstances -as setting has always been a struggle for me. When reading, I can rememberfeeling as though I was watching the book.

How would you spend a rainy day?

I am utterly obsessed with rainy days! One of the best ways to spend it (in myopinion) would be to curl up in bed and either read or write (depending on mywillingness to actually write something!).

7 what's your favorite book?

Myfavorite book... Wonderful question! It would be a tie between The Uglies andThe Heartbroken Heartbreaker (Sam Madison is a wonderful Wattpad author!).Though I haven't read either book in just over a year or so, those two are oneof the few that I can go back to again and again while enjoying them as much asI did the first time!

8 Who is your favorite celebrity?

Favorite celeb (at the moment) would have to be Misha Collins. Having fallen head first into my obsession with Supernatural over the last year, I've come to love each and every one of the actors on the show, Misha Collins being one of my favorites for his way of interacting with fans (and his humor!).

9 Are you still surprised when you gain a new vote, follow or comment?

I actually am! Though I'm not as glued to my screen as I used to be, waiting for new comments, followers and whatnot, it still makes me happier that I can even put into words when I get a comment or follow. Each and every one of my readers have helped me get to where I am today, and I wouldn't have the small following I do without appreciating what my readers have done for me :D

10 what's one Wattpad goal?

One Wattpad goal at the moment is to finish the re-write of my popular novel,Something Real. It's been a long time coming, but I'm so excited to post it andto see what everyone thinks in January of 2019. At the moment, I've justfinished chapter 11, and I cannot wait to get some feedback!

11 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer?

To all newcomers - I would recommend getting out there as much as possible; Enter contests, interact with other writers (discovered or undiscovered alike), talk with your readers, and post as much as you can! I think the thing that helped me get out there was entering contests in early 2017 - and after getting into the Wattpad Block Party (which is a wonderful way to get yourself out there! Kelly Anne is incredible and accepts based on you, not your following or experience level), I found that I had more writer friends than I had ever had in the past!

Request time!

Iwould personally recommend The Buddies Rule (as Something Real is undergoingit's rewrite!). TBR has been with me since my fanfiction days and watching itbecome what it is today has been incredible. If you're looking for a twist onthe best-friends-falling-in-love trope, this is the book for you! I'm in themidst of working on the sequel as well, so there won't be a lack of content!

 If you're looking for a twist onthe best-friends-falling-in-love trope, this is the book for you! I'm in themidst of working on the sequel as well, so there won't be a lack of content!