Part 21 - Searching for happiness.

(Okay sooooo... 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing' - piano version (Spotify) by Donald Shoeberg was playing in the background while I wrote this and it was very fitting. Sounds such an odd choice of song but it's so calming and yeah, just trust me haha!)

1 week later...

"Love you guys! Have the best Christmas." Sophie called out as the remaining of her employees made their way out of the building, ready to begin their celebrations.

It was Christmas Eve Eve and that also meant the last day of work until January. Sophie had sent the majority of her team home early today as she was just as eager as they were for everyone to get out and begin their festivities.

In true tradition, herself and Jace were heading over to Brooklyn as soon as she finished up here. They were off to see his family and visit the Dyker Heights Christmas lights. It was something they done every year without fail and it always proved to be the most magical evening.

Many households in that area of Brooklyn put on the most extravagant display of Christmas lights, which brought thousands of people to their streets. With a hot chocolate in their hand and festive music playing around them, it always turned out to be a night that could never be forgotten, and very easily had become one of Sophie's favourites.

Jace's family had been visiting for years, so it felt like an honour to be welcomed in on their traditions and enjoy it with a family she now got to call her own.

"I'll see you on Boxing Day, Felix!" Sophie sang with pure joy in her voice as Felix pulled her into the tightest hug.

"You sure will! You've done amazing this year babes, you should be so proud." He replied with a genuine look of pride across his face. "Take this Christmas off to enjoy yourself and we'll make 2018 even bigger."

He was so happy for what Sophie and her whole business had accomplished however, he knew this was just the beginning. She had made so many plans for the New Year that he was buzzing to get back and help her fulfill each and every one of them.

"I can't wait!" Sophie grinned as they pulled apart. "I love you!"

"Love you too darling." Felix waved as he headed for the lift and watched his best friend wave back with the biggest smile across her face. He couldn't help but mirror that look, appreciating that final glimpse for the innocence that it held.

"Oh and Soph!" He quickly grabbed the doors to prevent them from closing.

"Yeah?"

"Make sure that gorgeous husband of yours drives carefully tonight. That snow isn't calming down anytime soon."

"He will." Sophie laughed. "Don't you worry."

....

After grabbing her things, Sophie had finally joined everyone else in heading out of this building for one last time until the new year. Turning around to give it one last glimpse, she soaked up every single detail of it.

She still didn't know how she had got here or what crazy miracle had occurred to make her dream a reality however, she was beyond proud of it.

...

"I'm so excited!" Sophie beamed like a child the moment she got into Jace's car.