Chapter 100

"Fuck, you scared the shit out of me." Jay bit as he turned around to see Steph stood behind him.

He had been minding his own business, going through stuff in the old gang house when he had heard footsteps from behind him. As an instant reaction after years of having to watch his back, he instantly pulled his gun out and pointed it straight in the direction of the noise... which happened to be Steph.

"Shit Jay! Put that down." She stressed, grabbing hold of the end and bringing in back down to his side. "You could have killed me."

Her heart was literally racing, as the gun had been a matter of inches from her body. With one quick movement, he could have easily shot a bullet right through her.

"Don't creep up like that then. What did you expect?"

Placing his gun back in it's safe place before he hurt someone, Jay took a seat down on the sofa as Steph hovered before him.

"What are you doing here anyway?" He asked.

"I was looking for you! Everyone's out, why are you here?"

They were currently standing in the house the gang had spent all of their child and teen years growing up in. It was the house that they had lived in with Buddy and it had been the only place they had ever really been able to call home.

It brought back so many memories, both good and bad and it was a warming feeling being here at night. It reminded him of how things used to be at a time when everything made sense.

Back then, he felt on top of the world. He may not have been in charge of a gang but that didn't matter to him at the time. He felt as though he had everything at his feet and nothing could tear him down.

He had the strength, he had a good mind-set and he didn't let anything get in the way of what he wanted. He was so careless and carefree, never taking anything too seriously.

However, things were not like that anymore. Not only had the game changed, so had the people. The tight unit that they used to be had been broken down and it was difficult to know who they could trust.

Matt was no longer by his side as he always had been and the one woman he loved more than anything in this world, had also moved on with her life.

For the first time in so long, Jay actually felt lonely. He didn't feel on top of the world, he didn't feel as though he had everything under control and he didn't feel particularly happy.

He had everything he had ever dreamed of in terms of the gang but it wasn't enough. He missed the life he used to live. He missed every single part of the dysfunctional family that grew up in this house together.

"I was just trying to sort things out. I need to sell this place." Jay began as his eyes skimmed the numerous of boxes surrounding the room.

He had been here for hours sorting through box after box of stuff they had just left hanging around. They had all moved out so suddenly that they hadn't had chance to go through anything. Most of the gang avoided this house now whenever they were back in Brighton but it held such a strong place in Jay's heart that he wasn't capable of doing that.

However, he was insistent that he did need to let go and stop fussing over something that only held the memories now and not the people.

"You can't get rid of it." Steph suddenly jumped in, knowing that deep down that was not what he wanted.

Steph had never really seen much of this place as she'd always lived in Vegas however, she had heard many stories and seen enough photos to know it meant a lot to the whole gang.