Chapter 97

"Sophie Carter! You have a beautiful guest out there waiting for his interview." Felix announced as he walked into her office.

He was his usual cheerful and bubbly self even though it was currently 8am in the morning and they'd all been up for hours before that. She did not know how he did it.

"What interview?"

"Did human resources not tell you? What unorganised little snails." Felix looked back at her shocked, causing Sophie to laugh at his choice of words.

He always found a way to make up brand new sayings that no one had ever heard of and that made no sense to anyone but himself. It was amusing and Sophie always insisted that he should collect them up and write a book.

"Someone who applied to be your assistant."

"Really?" Sophie looked back at Felix still a little confused.

She had struggled to find anyone appropriate through all of her interviews so had decided to just give up. She didn't know if it was her just being too fussy or if the people coming in really were not up to scrap but she truly was getting fed up.

"Yep and he already looks the part so I'd get your cute little arse out there and invite him in." Felix grinned while putting on his best flirtatious face.

"A him? That's a first!" Sophie looked hopeful considering this department could do with some more male opinions mixed in.

It seemed as though this career shouted 'females only' and never seemed that appealing to the men of this world. However, this could be a hopeful start to changing that and welcoming some more testosterone into the office.

Heading towards the reception area, Sophie had an excited skip in her step until her eyes laid on someone she had not been expecting to see.

Trailing her gaze from his face down to his feet, she felt slightly unsteady and had to hold onto the desk. His dress sense always managed to surprise her because Sophie knew it was so recklessly pulled together, yet he always managed to look effortlessly gorgeous.

"Please tell me you're not here for the interview." She was mentally crossing every part of her body, while Felix's mouth dropped open from behind him.

"I'm here for the interview." Todd smirked, causing Sophie's heart to sink.

It was Todd. Todd Russle, Michael Russle... whatever you wanted to call him. He was standing before her in all of his glory waiting to be interviewed for the job of Sophie's assistant; none of this made sense.

"What? Why?!" Sophie didn't even attempt to hide her shock only causing him to chuckle.

"I need a job." Todd answered simply as though that explained everything. "And this seemed suitable."

No one said anything for a few moments while those in the office were watching intently. They were curious as to what was going on here and clearly did not want to miss out on any gossip.

Realising that they couldn't really do this here while nosy eyes were on them, Sophie turned and swept her hand towards her office.

"After you then." She faked a smile and watched as Todd returned with a more genuine one before heading inside.

Just as Sophie was about to turn around and follow him, Felix instantly brought her to a stop.

"Is that-" He began before Sophie nodded her head. He didn't need to say anymore.

"Shit. I didn't realise. I didn't recognise him."

"Help me!" Sophie mouthed causing Felix to laugh as he took both of her hands in his.