Chapter 45

Pulling up to her apartment in London, Sophie paused while she took in the large building block. This place held so many memories after she had spent over a year living here and as much as she had been through so much during that time; she had absolutely loved the place.

Living in London fit Sophie perfectly and if it wasn't for her family and friends, she would have remained here. She loved the vibe and the busy streets and she also loved the opportunity it brought. Alongside that, she loved her apartment and that was the reason that she decided not to sell it when she moved back to Brighton.

It was smaller than her house in Brighton, for the obvious fact it was an apartment and also because it was among the busy streets of London. But it was still huge and she could definitely tweak a few designs inside to change it from a single girls luxury sleeping place into a family home.

That was exactly what she was planning on doing with the help of Felix today. She may not get to come up here much and whenever she did, it was usually alone when she was working late and needed somewhere to sleep. However, she wanted to create a space where Phoebe could feel comfortable and at home and not fear that it was all too new and different.

"Ready, Phoeb?" Sophie looked back with a childish grin as her daughter began shuffling in her car seat.

Sophie was trying to keep spirits high as when she had started to pack a suitcase earlier for Phoebe; she had gone straight into panic and burst into tears. As a child that had spent so long in the orphan world, packing a suitcase meant only one thing to her and that was that she was being moved into another awful home with another set of awful people. Therefore, she associated the suitcase with fear.

Sophie had initially panicked when she saw her reaction and wasn't quite sure what to do. However, she very quickly mixed her smart mind with her mum head and got Phoebe involved in the packing. She began telling her that the two of them were having a 'Mummy, Phoebe' holiday and that they would do lots of fun stuff and allowed her to pick many clothes and toys that she wanted to bring with her.

It seemed to have worked because they had just been through an extremely long journey for a two year old and managed to do it all with no tears.

...

Once Sophie had struggled to carry Phoebe alongside a huge suitcase into the building, lift and then into her apartment, she finally felt accomplished. She used to find it a challenge to get her own self and belongings up here; add a child to the mix and it completely changed the game.

Once inside Sophie stood back and watched as Phoebe walked into the living room, looking around at everything she came to before getting excited by all the space and running in circles around it. Her little mind had obviously still had fear of the bad home she would be going to and how Sophie would be leaving her, so this was an incredible surprise.

It took a matter of laps and exploring before the little girl finally settled down, finding comfort on a huge black bean bag that was placed in the corner of the room. She looked so tiny surrounded by the huge comforting seat and was just grinning back at Sophie as she watched her with nothing but love in her eyes.

"Should we call Daddy?" Sophie then pulled her phone from her bag and noticed many texts from Aaron.

He had been just as worried when Phoebe had burst into tears and also worried about whether or not the two of them would be okay alone. He had never really had to worry about Sophie before as she never let anyone do it. She was full of independence and always put on a good enough front that she had everything under control. However, now they had a child together the whole thing had changed. Aaron felt the desperate need to protect the two most important females in his life and that lead to more worrying than he had previously experienced.