Chapter 39

Elliot's Engagement Party (part 3) -

"Soph." Aaron nudged Sophie's side while chuckling; capturing her previous frustrated attention.

Turning to look at him before following where his finger was pointing, Sophie caught something that made her heart swell with love. A recognisable song had just come on and Sophie's parents had been the first on the dance floor.

They were within one another's hold, dancing around the floor with an extreme amount of joy across their faces.

"Oh my God." Sophie laughed as no one else was dancing; instead, it was just the two of them moving around having the time of their lives. "This was their first dance at their wedding."

After everything they had been through and the dislike Sophie had for her parents being together previously due to the way her mum had treated Arlo, she couldn't lie about how happy it made her now.

Estee made Arlo so happy and vice versa so, the fact that they were able to put everything behind them and enjoy the happiness was enough for Sophie. She was fed up of trying to fight their battles for them and protect her father and instead just wanted to appreciate these moments.

"Sophie, Maisy, Cameron!" The voices of her parents began shouting as they tried to get their children to join them.

"No, no, no." Cameron began to shake his head over and over, refusing to get up there our of pure embarrassment as did Maisy.

They were teenagers and dancing to some old song they didn't know with their parents, in front of everyone, was mortifying.

"Come on!" Arlo continued to urge and grinning at Aaron, Sophie caught hold of her siblings and began pulling them to the dance floor.

Once up there, Sophie, Maisy and Cameron were dragged into dancing around with their parents to the song that had been the start of their marriage. It was such a unique and important moment because this family had been through their battles.

They were close and would always be there for one another but they had also lived a life of independence. Due to Estee, it had been drummed into them and they had learned not to rely on one another so much. Therefore, it was very rare for moments like this to arise where they could all be together and enjoy one another's company.

"That is so beautiful." Louise muttered to Jack and Jess as she stood beside them watching on. "That family have been through some tough times. It's good to see them happy."

Jack and Jess couldn't agree more. With a family like the Lawrence's, they knew how much the love and support could make such a huge difference.

"Come on, beautiful." Sophie began making her way over to where Phoebe was clinging onto Aaron's hand.

Holding out her arms, Sophie urged Phoebe towards her and her daughter complied as she ran towards her mum.

Sweeping her off her feet, Sophie then carried her to the dance floor where she joined her family once again and began moving them playfully around with Phoebe laughing intensely.

At that point, Estee made a point of heading over to Aaron and getting him to join them too. He was classed as part of their family now and with all of them on the dance floor, it was inevitable that he was going to get dragged into it too.

As Aaron was caught up slow dancing with Sophie's mum, he would usually feel a sense of unease around her but it was clear that Estee was taking this opportunity to clear the air.

"I'm sorry if I've been a little tough on you." She said, giving him her best welcoming smile.

With Estee being such a strong woman, she could come across very standoffish and difficult to approach. She had also not grown all that close to Aaron over the past two years either compared to Arlo whom Aaron got on with so well.