Chapter 56

2 weeks later summary:

After Sophie had kicked Aaron out after their argument regarding Erika, he had gone in his car and driven straight back to Brighton. The following morning when Sophie had text him to ask where he was and if he was coming back so they could talk, he refused.

*

Sophie: where are you?

Aaron: home

Sophie: you left London?!

Aaron: what the fuck did you expect me to do

Sophie: just come back so we can talk

Aaron: I have work

Sophie: Aaron.

Aaron: I'm not driving back. I've done enough running around for you and you didn't appreciate that

Sophie: what about phoebe? You were supposed to be looking after her!

Aaron: you were the one who kicked me out.

Sophie: I didn't expect you to drive back to brighton. You need to look after phoebe, I have work.

Aaron: so do i. figure something else out.

It was clear Aaron had been pushed to his limits and also didn't like the fact that Sophie expected him to go running back the moment she asked. They were both beyond mad with each other and it was obvious that neither of them were going to back down.

After the exchange of texts, Aaron had gone into work, as he genuinely needed some time with the guys and the cars to clear the thoughts consuming his mind. He was full of anger due to what had happened but also due to what constantly kept happening.

"Part of me regrets falling in love with her." He had said once engaged in conversation with the guys due to them being confused as to why he was there. "This relationship is exhausting. It's fucking killing me because I never know where I stand."

"But you knew what you were getting yourself into." Zaiden had replied. "It's Sophie Carter; she's not all 'pretty face and hot body', she's got the demanding personality to go with it."

"Demanding is an understatement, it's toxic. She has the power to mind fuck every guy that gets close to her. She gets what she wants, when she wants yet still has you hopelessly in love."

After the day at work, revaluating every single detail of their relationship and the events of the previous day, Aaron was still unsure on how to react or deal with it. Himself and Sophie had been back and forth arguing through text and the rare phone call with nothing clearly getting sorted due to them both being so stubborn.

When Sophie had persisted to ask Aaron to come back to London and look after Phoebe while she worked, Aaron had refused. He had refused because he was mad and because he was enjoying taking the time to clear his head with the guys.

It was a taste of his old life back where he had no responsibilities and complete freedom and he didn't feel ready to let go of that again.

However, going into the second week it had completely backfired on him because when he had asked to see Phoebe due to not seeing her for a week, Sophie had refused. She had cut him off from the idea via text, refusing to give him the chance after he had spent the first week saying no to returning to London and helping her out.