Chapter 40

Making her way over to where Aaron was stood amongst Jack and a few other guys, Sophie wrapped her arms around his chest from behind. Resting her head against his back, she waited for him to turn around.

"Babe." She mumbled when he didn't make any effort to move.

She knew exactly what he was doing and knew he would play this out for as long as he possibly could.

"Stop being a stroppy arse."

After their argument earlier that night Sophie was trying to bring things back to a mellow tone and hoped that he would be over the previous frustration. Whenever they usually argued, it was always quickly solved with a make up session that Aaron refused to turn down however, this time he was standing his ground and being extremely stubborn.

"Hey!" Sophie pulled back at this point and made her way around to stand in front of him.

"I'm talking, just wait." He glimpsed back at her for a split second, speaking to her as though she was a child before looking back to the guys.

They were fully aware of what was going on and were trying to refrain from making any mocking comments. Aaron had spent the past hour letting his frustrations out on them so they were just waiting for this whole thing to blow up more. He didn't get angry often, especially not with Sophie but it was clear that the honeymoon period in their relationship was gaining its cracks and the Aaron that got teased for being pathetically love struck by Sophie was breaking out.

When Aaron was trying his hardest to ignore Sophie and engage back into the conversation that the guys were caught up in, she decided to play him at his own game.

Standing beside him, she ran her hand up the back of his shirt and let her fingers skim gently against his skin. Her touch moved repetitively up his back in a way that she knew he loved and he was finding it extremely difficult to look unfazed.

One of the guys had caught on with what she was trying to do and was trying to prevent Aaron from seeing that he was in fact, laughing along with Sophie's cunning grin as she caught his eye.

As Sophie then grazed the waistband of his jeans, she made a move to press her lips to the side of his neck before hovering by his ear.

"I love you." She whispered so only he could hear and with that, he turned his face to look at her.

It was killing him just standing there and trying to pretend that his body wasn't reacting to her touch, so closing the gap between them he pressed his lips to hers.

Winding her hands around his neck, Sophie then kept him close as the kiss became more heated however, it was quickly cut short when Aaron pulled back.

Instantly jumping straight back into his previous way, Sophie realised that he had been playing her that whole time. While she was stood there breathless and in a fluster over what had just happened, he had managed to instantly calm himself down.

He had just stolen the pleasure moment he wanted, clinging onto the benefits before instantly shutting her out again and engrossing back into the conversation with the guys.

Sophie stood there stunned, just looking at the side of his face while he was giving her zero attention.

"Dick." She bit before walking away.

*

"You might as well just go home if you're going to sit there like that all night." Juliet threw her arms out when she approached Dylan.

He was sat in the corner of the room on his phone while the three children played around him.

Looking up at Juliet once he finally took notice of her presence, he began shaking his head.