Chapter 2

2 months later -

"Did you have a good day?" Sophie's arms trailed around Aaron's neck, urging his face down closer to her own.

Nodding his head, he gave an extremely vague response before Sophie's lips pressed to his. Kissing her back, his own hands made their way around her back before he realised what he was getting lost in and quickly pulled away.

"Are you okay?" Sophie then looked back at him in concern, confused at his sudden change.

There was a few second pause before he actually said anything, instead just letting his eyes move from Sophie to the room.

"Yeah... I'm good." He responded yet that wasn't convincing enough.

"What's wrong, Aaron?"

There was something strange about this whole situation, something different. He was acting off and had been since the previous night. She knew he wasn't all that in favour of the plans she had presented him with in relation to buying a place in London, but this felt different.

"Aaron." Sophie repeated yet again when he didn't answer her.

"Can we sit down?" He asked, looking over to the sofas and trying to urge her over but she refused.

"No, tell me what's wrong."

No amount of stalling on Aaron's part was going to prevent Sophie from making him speak up. She could tell there was a problem yet she didn't understand why he was working so hard to fight against speaking up about it.

"Soph..." He breathed running a hand up the side of her face.

Closing her eyes at his touch, she wanted nothing more than to just collapse into his arms and enjoy their evening but that wasn't likely to happen until he opened up.

"We need to speak about us... our relationship and everything that's happening."

"What do you mean?"

By this point, Sophie had been removed from her daze and was listening intently.

"You getting a place in London is a big deal..." He began. "I don't think we can call this a relationship when we're moving backwards. You haven't even been living here that long."

She knew this was what it would be about. After last night and the way he had so calmly accepted what she had said, was strange. She knew he had secretly been hiding the fact that he hated the idea yet it had taken him a whole day of thinking to finally realise he couldn't keep it to himself.

"I'm not moving away Aaron. The place in London is just for some week nights... we've been through this."

With Sophie's work picking up and her hours going well over what was expected on many days, her work had offered to pay half her rent on a place in London. They wanted her there as much as possible so it was a good enough deal to make and Sophie had been all for it until a conversation with Aaron had put some unease over it.

"Exactly, you're not going to be here throughout the week! What was the point in you even moving in?"

Even though Sophie couldn't see the same issues as Aaron, he saw them clearly. It made no sense that after they had made the huge decision to live together, she would decide to rent a place in London a few months later.

Even though it wasn't a permanent home for her and she still viewed their apartment as her home, that wasn't enough for Aaron. He had promised that he was okay with her decision for the promotion and that he was supportive of it and he was however, he hadn't expected things to be like this.