Chapter 8

"What are you doing here?" Corey asked as Sophie appeared in the garage.

It had only been a day since both him and Aaron had been allowed to leave the hospital however, they were instantly back to work. They wanted to help Jack out as much as possible and they knew twenty-six year old Jack would not appreciate the garage being out of business whether he was suffering with amnesia or not.

"I dropped Aaron off. He can't drive." She laughed.

"Of course you did." Corey mocked, attempting to get back to work but being prevented by Sophie.

Making her way around to stand in front of him, her hand was placed against his chest.

"Uh uh, no you don't." She warned in reference to him turning his back to her. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing." He shrugged his shoulders like a sulking four-year-old child.

"Well that's obviously bullshit."

As Corey continued to get back to what he was doing, Sophie wasn't prepared to give up. When he attempted to open the car door, she slammed it shut; when he tried to open the hood of the car, she sat on it. She wasn't going to accept his silence and would continue to bug him until he gave in.

"You're so fucking annoying." He rolled his eyes while she just looked back at him with a challenging expression over her face.

Then just as he began backing up to find another job to do, Sophie reached for his shirt and pulled him towards her.

"Tell me what has your face all wrinkled and pissed off."

Looking back at her, she managed to hold his gaze for a good few seconds before he looked away.

"Where did you go yesterday morning? I woke up and you weren't there."

Corey didn't even give Sophie time to respond because he already knew, he was just attempting to make a point.

"To Aaron's room, right? The nurse told me."

Nodding her head, Sophie looked completely unfazed causing Corey just to walk away.

"Wait, that's why you're pissed?" Sophie threw her hands out as she began following him.

She had been expecting something else to come out of his mouth, thinking that was the start to the story, which would lead to his problem, not the start, middle and end.

"Are you seriously pissed off because I went to see Aaron?"

"Did you two have a good time last night too? It looked like you did." Corey then remarked, in reference to the photos he had seen of the pair on both of their social media's.

"Did you want an invite or something?" Sophie sarcastically responded considering Corey still hadn't come out and openly explained why it bothered him.

"Oh fuck off, Soph." He exasperated, yet again trying to walk away from her but her hand ran up his back, grazing against his skin under his t-shirt.

"That's cute." She laughed. "Is Corey actually jealous?!"

As he turned around, her hand moved to the front of his body, her touch being enough to already start the process of forgiveness, no words necessary.

"You do know he has a girlfriend right? He's playing you."

Shrugging her shoulder, Sophie just smugly smiled up at him.

"Corey Ellis actually feels something. He has emotions! Damn." Sophie continued to tease him, causing him to get defensive.