Chapter 67 - part 1

Later that night:

When there was a collection of repetitive knocks on the front door that night, Jess was not expecting the faces that appeared the other side.

When she had pulled open the door, she had been left completely stunned as stood before her was her mum and her sister, glaring back at her.

Jazmine was in an all-black dress that was unnecessary short and unnecessary tight, while her mum was a bit more covered up in jeans and a shirt. However, they both had that all familiar red lipstick covering their lips alongside their flawless skin and dark eyes.

While Jazmine's hair was slicked back into a high ponytail, Jess' mums was layered down her front in loose curls. They both looked immaculate, as if they had just walked off a runaway.

"What are you doing here?" Jess bit, not appreciating their unexpected visit and after not seeing them in so long, she wasn't sure what they would even be here for.

She was never on good terms with either of them but even more so after the whole ordeal with her dad, Rusty, went down.

"No need for the attitude." Jazmine remarked in response before their mum reached out her arm as if to settle her overly aggravated daughter.

"I know this is unexpected and we are the last people you probably want to see." Jess' mum, Jasmine began to explain. "But we really need to speak to you."

Clinging onto the door for a few moments, Jess just looked back at them in question. She didn't know what to do, so just did nothing.

Being in the same place as her mum and sister was a very rare occurrence, especially as they never got on. However, right now Jess could see the desperation across her mums face and felt like she had to give in.

This was the first time in a long while that Jess had experienced her mum's soft voice compared to the cold and abrupt tone she usually held. Therefore, it was difficult not to allow her a moment of her time.

"What is this about?" Jess asked as she looked between them both before Jazmine took a step forward.

"Can we come in then?" She held out her arms as if Jess was insane for not even thinking about inviting them. However, that most definitely was a step too far for her and there was no way she was going to allow it with her kids in the house.

"No. You can't."

As Jazmine was about to bite back with a sarcastic response, Jasmine stopped her.

"You spoke to Jay Gibson earlier, didn't you?"

Jess just nodded her head.

"Well we are here for something relating to that conversation."

Jasmine was holding back from fully clarifying what she meant so Jess just waited patiently. She wasn't going to play into their games and start acting as though she was worried because she knew that was what they wanted.

They wanted to know that Jess was concerned about it all because it would higher the chances of her needing their help and reassurance.

"You've heard that Buddy's back, haven't you?" Jasmine continued causing Jess to nod her head once again. "Well we have a proposal for you and you really need to consider it."

"If this is to ask me to re-join the gang then forget it. I've already told Jay no." Jess sighed, seeing this whole thing as turning into a repetitive cycle.

"Jess just listen." Her mum ordered and for the first time in many years, she sounded like her mother again; that tone in her voice sounding just like it did when she was a little girl and being told off by her mum for doing something wrong.

"Buddy did some horrid things. He tried to make me kill your father, he stopped Jazmine from telling you the truth about it and he lead you into meeting Jack... which resulted into you losing your gang instincts for a normal life. He's tried to kill you and the rest of the gang many times and it's about time he got what he deserves." Jasmine began to explain and Jess just looked back at her bewildered. "He should have been killed when Jay and Matt first tried, so now it's going to be much harder. He'll have more backup and we need all the help we can get."

Jasmine's speech was spoken with such desperation and heart that if the topic had have been different, she may have won points for the emotion behind it. However, Jess was not going to let them stand here and try to drag her back into a world she tried so hard to distance herself from.

She was happy now, happier than she had been in so long and now they were all coming back to try to ruin that.

"I'm not helping you kill him. The gang is my past life; I don't want anything to do with it anymore."

"Buddy fucked everything up, Jess, for all of us! Why are you being so selfish? He needs to go!" Jazmine suddenly shouted, ignoring her mum's warning eyes considering their plan had been to attend this situation calmly.

If they were all going to be working together they would have to try to get along and Jasmine knew if they approached Jess in the right way, there would be a higher chance of her giving in.

"I don't want to re-join, count me out." Jess finalised and just as she was about to slam the door in their faces, something that left Jazmine's mouth stopped her.

"You will regret it, Jess! You're going to be more effected by Buddy staying alive than you realise!"

Abruptly pulling open the door once more, Jess' eyes met her sisters.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She questioned, knowing a comment like that couldn't go ignored.

"You know my son, Kian..." Jazmine questioned, not refusing to lose eye contact with Jess.

"Of course." Jess shrugged as though she was stupid for even asking.

"I know I caused a fuck load of drama over who the dad was a while back, but I have proof now..." Jazmine began and silence fell between them all. "Jack's the father and if you want a DNA test to prove it, I'll get you one but the main thing here is that for as long as Buddy is alive, Kian will be in danger and I'm sure Jack won't want that."

...

To be continued.