Chapter 35

"What are you doing here, Harris? I thought you weren't coming back for another week." Zaiden made his way over to Aaron as he headed into the garage.

"It was safest for me to stay away from the house." Aaron chuckled as he joined the rest of the guys.

There were about ten minutes before open and that was just enough time for this group of guys to get their morning gossip in.

"Oh shit, because of last night? I'm guessing Soph was mad."

"She fucking lost it... understandably. I've seen her pissed before but not like that, she was fuming."

"With you?" Zaiden went onto ask as he leaned back against a car just as Jack walked over to them.

"Yeah and Kaia obviously. I stupidly took her back to the house with a few others because they were all crazily drunk and all hell broke loose."

When Aaron had arrived back and Kaia had been there, Sophie had been pushed to her absolute limits. She had been mad enough for what she had seen on the video but to have the problems then brought to her house, made matters ten times worse.

"What happened?"

"After a screaming match, Soph called Kaia a taxi and forced her into it. She was taking no shit."

"Fuck." Zaiden laughed, running a hand over his forehead. They knew what Sophie was like and knew she wouldn't let anyone treat her badly. Therefore, Kaia was no exception, especially after what she had done. "And she's still mad at you now?"

"Yeah... but I mean that's probably my own fault because I rile her up more. Seeing her mad is so fucking hot that I can't help but say the wrong thing."

"That's so bad, Harris." Jack began to laugh. "But so me."

He could relate because he felt the same with Jess and that was one of the reasons their arguments could last much longer than necessary. Both Jack and Aaron knew it was risky to do and was not the best of ideas but neither of them could help it.

"So both Harris and Lawrence are in the doghouse. Good luck getting out of this one." Zaiden placed hands on both of their backs.

Although Jess had gotten over what happened at the BBQ, seeing Ashley in the street had caused even more memories of the past to come flooding back. When trying to talk to Jack about it and raise her concerns for her being back in Brighton, he was being the most inconsiderate person ever.

He claimed he didn't understand the problem and kept shrugging it off like it was nothing. Jess understood that he was trying to show that she meant nothing to him, but ignoring her worries wasn't helping the matter.

Therefore, although they weren't properly arguing, things were tense and that was obvious. It also did not help that Erika continued to push and push for Jess to help organise her engagement party when Jess knew full well that Ashley would be there too.

*

...

After Phoebe had been living with Aaron and Sophie for about 3 weeks, they thought it was about time to begin introducing her to a few people. They wanted her to feel safe and comfortable with them before anything else but they didn't want to keep her cooped up for too long.

However, after the huge argument Sophie had fallen into the night before, she had pretty much forced Aaron out of the house this morning meaning she was left to do all the introductions alone.

It didn't seem to matter all that much to her though as she needed the space and earlier today Sophie's mum and dad had been over to meet Phoebe and completely fallen in love. Both of them couldn't quite believe their own daughter was now a mum but were insanely proud. Arlo had even resorted to tears the moment he walked into the house and saw them cuddled up on the sofa together and then spent the rest of the time praising both her and Aaron for the stable place they had got to.