Chapter 88

A Few Days Later...

After so many dramatic events and a large amount of planning, the day had finally arrived for Elliot and Erika's wedding. Things had originally been planned to be small but Erika had managed to persuade Elliot otherwise and they had invited all of their friends and family.

The wedding had been absolutely beautiful and the bride and groom had managed to get through the day without any drama. It felt like a relief to finally be at this place after what they had experienced through the lead up.

Now they had moved onto the evening reception where everyone was ready to just have a good night and dance off all the food they had consumed earlier on.

...

"Are you okay?" Juliet asked Dylan as he placed two drinks down for them on the table.

"Yeah, why?" He asked, giving her his usual cheeky grin however, it was most definitely forced.

"Are you sure? You've been quiet."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Dylan clinked his glass against Juliet's before taking a sip.

Juliet remained silent for a moment while she just looked back at him, trying to judge his reaction. He looked so placid and unfazed yet it was still unsettling.

"Should we go and dance then?" Juliet held her hand out towards him as she pulled him to his feet but he refused.

"No, I'm good." He began shaking his head. "You go."

Pulling his hand free, Dylan tried to take a seat back down before Juliet's hands were placed either side of his face. As she leaned forward to press her lips to his, Dylan turned his head and it was in that moment that she realised something was up.

"What's wrong with you?" She pulled back, catching his gaze.

Lifting his own hand up to her face, Dylan ran his thumb down her cheek before producing another cheeky smile.

"Nothing at all. I just want to get drunk."

Reaching back for his drink, he downed about half of it in one before heading over to the bar to order another.

Juliet was confused as to what was up with him, not being able to pinpoint what was going on. At one moment he seemed absolutely fine and the next he was pushing her away.

She stood back and watched as he ordered another few drinks for himself before being caught up in conversation with Elliot at the bar. Nothing but guilt consumed Juliet as she watched him, the reminder of what she had done looming in her mind.

Dylan had been so naive to it while she just let it happen.

While Elliot was laughing and joking around with the guy she called her fiancé, Juliet was left to figure out what she was supposed to do. Matt was with Abbie and she was with Dylan, that didn't seem like it was going to change. She didn't want to tell Dylan what had happened because she knew it would just make matters worse and she wasn't prepared to lose him. Therefore, she instantly began making her way over and forced herself to put more effort in to what she previously nearly lost.

...

Walking into the reception, Sophie felt a wash of nerves consume her. She didn't feel comfortable being here and she knew she would not be welcomed by Erika but she wanted to show her support to Elliot.

Their own wedding felt like a distant memory now, yet it still felt strange knowing Elliot was a husband once again.

While Sophie was trying to go unnoticed by the many guests and say her congrats before quickly exiting, she didn't manage it. Instead, she was quickly stopped by many people on the way from Elliot's family, trying to catch her for a quick chat.