Chapter 106

It was a Wednesday evening and Sophie was standing in her office trying to sort through a collection of sample clothes she had been sent. It was 8pm, the building was pretty much empty and she was most definitely ready to just go home.

"What?" Sophie looked over at Todd, whose eyes seemed trained on her.

"Nothing, it's just weird."

"What's weird?"

Todd had offered to stay at work and help her get things finished up however, in true Todd style he wasn't doing much helping, so there really wasn't a lot of need in him being here.

"Seeing you pregnant." He replied while Sophie just looked down at her stomach before back up at him and smiled.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. It's like one of those shitty Instagram accounts pregnant women run, who make it look fucking glamourous. They get up every day dressed to the nines with their skinny latte and workout when in reality most just rock track suits for the 9 months."

While Todd was looking at her with an all-serious expression, Sophie couldn't help but laugh.

"So you're saying I look like a shitty Instagram account? Thanks..."

"In the nicest way possible." Todd smirked. "A hot shitty Instagram account... so hot that it doesn't seem real. I'm waiting for the cushion to fall out from under your clothes."

Pausing midway through hanging up a dress, Sophie glanced over him to try to judge his expression.

"Trust me; it's not like this when I get home. Anything comfy is my best friend, this is just a cover up." She grinned, causing him to laugh and it was something that rarely came from Todd unless he was being sarcastic.

Ever since making the decision to leave the gang, there had been this completely new vibe around him. He was still a little deceptive and enjoyed causing a bit of trouble however; he was much calmer and more approachable.

"So how are you going to cope being away from work for so long once it's born?"

"What?" Sophie looked back at him as though he was crazy for even thinking that would happen.

"Well most pregnant people take time off. I can't imagine you're going to be an exception."

"I'm taking a month once he or she is born, that's it and then I'm back."

When Todd looked at her as though she was insane, Sophie felt the need to continue.

"I'm going to persuade Aaron to take the rest."

Sophie couldn't bear the thought of staying away from work for the whole of her maternity leave therefore, she was determined to try and get Aaron to take the time off instead. She wanted to be back at work as soon as possible, no matter how exhausting it may be and no matter how much her family would try to talk her out of it.

"This is why I think you're fucking crazy." Todd began chuckling. "Do you not think you started this whole 'settling down' thing way too early?"

"No. Why?" Sophie suddenly felt defensive that Todd even had an opinion.

Throwing the clothes he was holding across Sophie's desk, he then waved his arms around the office.

"Look at us... it's 8pm and we're still working. You have a family at home yet you're here, still having to work your arse off to get shit finished. Chances are, you're going to stay over in London tonight instead of going home and chances are you won't get home until late tomorrow." Todd began, suddenly capturing Sophie's full attention. "There's nothing wrong with that but it makes something pretty clear to me."