Chapter 89

"Congrats man." Jack placed a hand to Elliot's back before pulling him into a hug.

After spending weeks putting in his best efforts to help Elliot with this wedding, he had finally reached this point. It did feel strange seeing him stood there with a new woman, especially one Jack didn't have the greatest friendship with due to their past, but as long as he was happy, that was all that mattered.

"Thanks Lawrence and thanks for all of your help too." Elliot gave him a grateful look, even though Jack's unorganised-self meant it had been mostly left to the women.

"And congrats to you too." He moved over to Erika; giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek as he did so.

"We will have to all get together again at some point because even though you've been around, I still feel like we have barely had time to catch up." Erika laughed and Jack agreed even though he knew the chances of that happening were very slim.

Seeing people at a wedding that you either had not seen in a while or never met, usually resulted in plans being made that were never followed through. There was something about in the moment planning that had a secret meaning to never actually see the person again.

"You two can't seriously be thanking him for his help!"

Ashley suddenly appeared, throwing an arm around Jack's shoulder. She had already had one too many drinks tonight and the night had only just started.

"He barely did anything. He only helped because I literally forced him."

It was partly true. Jack had helped with what he could but as everyone knew, he was better at throwing things together last minute and not planning months in advance. Therefore, it had led to constant nagging from Ashley, forcing him to the meet ups and making sure he was around.

"He showed up, that was the main thing." Elliot chuckled while Ashley scrunched up her face.

"You're just lucky you had me to keep you focused." Ashley's attention was still on Jack as her body was pressed up to the side of his.

"And I'm also lucky that this wedding is nearly over, meaning we won't have to see each other anymore." He smirked causing Ashley's mouth to full open.

"Twat."

"Does anyone want a drink?" Jack moved his attention from the blonde to the group in front of them.

Once he had a collection of nodding heads and began making his way to the bar, Ashley was hot on his heels and slipping her arm through his.

"Jack Lawrence, you should wear a suit more often. You look hot." She stroked the material of his shirt jacket, admiring his more pulled together look with his overgrowing hair that was no longer covered by a cap.

As Jack continued to ignore her and carried on ordering the drinks, Ashley didn't give up.

"Let me just fix this." She reached up where his tie was placed before looking over his shoulder to see Jess in the background. "That's much better."

As Ashley ran both of her hands down the front of his jacket, her eyes were fixated on Jess' as though she was challenging the situation. She wanted Jess to see that she wasn't scared to make a move and that with such small gestures she could very easily take her husband from her.

"Do you want a drink or not?" Jack turned his attention back to Ashley, looking slightly agitated.

"No, I'm good." She pointed to the glass that she had placed on the bar.