Chapter 103

A couple of weeks later:                  

Quietly unlocking the front door and making his way down the hall, Jack peered his head into the kitchen and didn't see a sign of anyone. So instead walking through, it was only then that he heard voices and realised they were coming from the garden.

He and the guys had managed to finish up in Cambridge a day early, so none of his family had been expecting him home until tomorrow. Therefore, he had been eager to surprise them as if they had missed him as much as he had missed them it would be an overwhelming reunion.

Making his way out the kitchen doors and into the garden, he managed to grasp a moment when they hadn't even noticed he was there.

The kids were all dressed up and had set up a stage in the middle of the garden. Ellie had a piece of paper in her hand and was bossing her siblings around, trying to make this show perfect. Then Jess, Gemma and Connor had chairs that they had placed in front of the stage, while watching it all play out.

Jack watched for a few moments longer while they finished off a dance routine and the music stopped, causing the three of them watching to begin clapping. Waiting until it had quietened down a bit more, Jack then began clapping and cheering extremely loudly from behind causing all heads to shoot his way.

"Yeaaah! That was awesome! We want more!" He was shouting at the top of his lungs and when the kids caught sight of who it was, they all began charging towards him.

The shock was evident as they had not been expecting him home today but the happiness was even more present. Excited calls of 'dad' and 'daddy' were heard as they all charged at him at once with arms out ready to be consumed in a huge hug.

"Woah!" Jack laughed as they all fell into him, nearly knocking him to the floor.

He tried his hardest to pick them all up at once but and he actually succeeded while squishing them all into each other. It was a beautiful moment, right up until they started getting aggravated at each other for getting too close into their personal space, causing a chuckling Jack to put them down.

"I missed you so so so much!" Mia took the opportunity while Jack wasn't being pounced on to get her own hug.

Throwing herself at him, he crouched down so he could fully pull her into him.

"I missed you too baby girl... I missed you all." He placed a kiss to her head before reaching out for his other children.

"Your show looked amazing. You had it all organised El." Jack grinned at Ellie who proudly smiled back at him.

"We will do it for you one day too." She was beaming at his compliment.

"I was spiderman" Harvey shouted as he began acting it out once again and was running in circles around Jack.

"Even though I said he had to be a prince." Ellie rolled her eyes, aggravated that he hadn't listened.

"I'm a princess." Addie spun around on the spot and then began shaking her hips.

"A very very beautiful princess." Jack reached out for her hand and placed a gentle kiss to it, causing the three year old to curtsy.

"And what about you Mia?"

Holding Mia at arm's length, it was the first time he had taken actual notice of the outfit she was wearing and he began to chuckle.

"I'm a minion!" She beamed, looking extremely proud of herself.

Jack found the whole thing amusing because it was so typical of his five year old. She always liked to do things differently than expected. She was fighting the stereotypes and instead of wearing a princess dress, she went for the minion outfit.