Chapter 57

"I so wish you were coming with us." Sophie pouted as she finished off doing Jess' hair.

Elliot and all his friends had met at Jack's so while they were all gathered downstairs, Sophie had rushed upstairs to help Jess finish getting ready, while also getting ready herself. She knew she was feeling a little uneasy about the situation and if Sophie had it her way, she would have wrapped Jess in her protective bubble and brought her on the guy's night out instead.

"So do I!" Jess stressed, looking back at her in the mirror. "I'm going to have no patience with Ashley being there."

That was the main thing that had been playing on Jess' mind as she was absolutely dreading having to spend the whole night with her. The pair obviously did not get on and Ashley always tried her utmost hardest to get to Jess in any way that she could.

It didn't help that Jess was pregnant too, meaning she was ten times more sensitive and that meant it was ten times more likely that Ashley was going to succeed.

"It will be okay though. If she's a bitch, just give it back just as good." Sophie reassured. "I know you've still got it in you."

That was the truth, Jess still did. That side of her personality had been a huge part of her growing up in the gang however; the meaner side of herself was one she had tried so hard to keep at bay. After having her children, she developed as a person and learned when to bite her tongue. However, being around Ashley for a whole night caused a huge risk that it would strike back up without warning.

"She's so good at getting to people though. It's like she spends her days planning who to target next and what their biggest weakness is."

"Yeah but you know through all of that, that Jack loves you. No matter what Ashley says, it means nothing." Sophie reassured. "She's clinging onto the little bit of the past she has but Jack's moved on. You are both so much stronger now as a couple and I think secretly she knows that and knows that she never has a chance with him now."

"But she still keeps pushing and it constantly brings back the memories. It's so fucked up and I know I should just forget about it but it's difficult. It was a huge part of our relationship because it was when I fell pregnant." Was Jess' honest response and even though she wished she could just push it to the back of her mind and never think about it again, Ashley being here was a constant reminder.

She knew she couldn't bring it up to Jack because it would just aggravate him and make him think she didn't trust him. But it wasn't that, at all and she knew it had been years so obviously things had changed. However, the fact that she had been caught in such a vulnerable state, made it all the more worse.

She had been falling for Jack fast at the time; getting feelings for him that she didn't think were possible for a girl like her. Then throw in the pregnancy; something so unexpected and unwanted at the time and she was a mess.

"Honestly, I think you need to set it straight with her. So far you've backed off and let it go over your head." Sophie began, her pausing the work on Jess' hair with the straighteners in her hand was a sign she was getting serious. "But if she says or does anything tonight, you need to bite back. Put her in her place; show her that you're happy and that Jack's happy and that she needs to stop pushing something that she is never going to get."

Reaching down to lift Jess' hand, Sophie pointed to the rings on her finger.

"Shove these in that bitches face and make her swallow the painful reality that Jack is never going to love her. It's harsh but it's honest and she needs a bit of that in her life."

Sophie's words had a smile forming across Jess' face before she broke into laughter. As much as Jess had genuinely been filled with worry before this conversation, she now had been opened to a whole new side of it.