Chapter 68 - part 1

A few nights later:

After the previous night out had been completely ruined for many different reasons, the plan had been for a few of them to make up for that by going out once again and trying to avoid the drama.

Jess, Jack, Sophie, Aaron, Juliet and Dylan were among the few who had turned up with Elliot and Erika choosing to avoid it due to the previous events. However, it still didn't prevent the awkwardness flowing among them all due to many different complications between the group.

The Kian situation was still fresh between Jess and Jack as was the removal of the engagement between Sophie and Aaron. Then Sophie and Juliet weren't too sure where they stood now in regards to their friendship and no one really knew where Juliet and Dylan stood in terms of his lack of appreciation for Matt being back.

However, surprisingly that was the least of their troubles because if the night hadn't have been awkward enough, a guest came along to try and ruin that even more.

Kye had approached the group with a drink in hand and a cocky smile across his face. There was no doubt that he wasn't here for a chat and a catch up, his aim was to get some hearts racing and some tempers risen, as were most of the gang.

So when he had taken his place down on an arm rest of a seat and Jess had attempted to warn him to leave but failed, they all watched him in question of what was coming next.

"I just wanted to stop by to tell you all something." Kye said with clear satisfaction in his voice.

He loved being in control and knowing he no longer experienced the intimating feelings he used to feel. He now had a newfound confidence and he made sure to make the most of it.

"I think you should just fuck off, Kye." Jess demanded, glimpsing over at Sophie whose face had completely paled.

"I will, I'll leave you alone but first there is something you need to know."

All eyes were on him as he placed his drink down on the table and running his hand through his hair, his eyes then fell on Sophie.

"Soph's been keeping a secret from you all for quite a while. I think it's about time she spoke up and confessed."

There was a sudden silence through the group as they tried to make sense of where he was going with this. Yet while Kye seemed extremely smug to be sharing this 'secret', Sophie looked extremely uncomfortable.

"Don't." She tried to stop him but her scared voice only came out in a whisper.

"I'm sure you all know by now that Buddy is alive and we're trying to take him down for a second time?" Kye posed as a question but didn't get any response. "Right well if you do, I'm sure you also know that Matt and Jay are arguing because of a certain someone Jay is allowing to join the gang."

Kye looked over to Juliet as he mentioned the certain name before his attention was back on the group.

"Michael Russle is his name... Matt's brother."

"Where the fuck are you going with this Kye?" Jess spat, aggravated that he thought he could come and ruin their night like this.

"Well..." Kye held up his finger as if trying to silence Jess. "Sophie Carter here has known Michael Russle for quite a long time. Haven't you?"

As Kye turned to look at Sophie, she stilled in her seat as her face turned white. She didn't want to look at her many friends around her whose trust she could have lost so instead she just looked to the floor.

"Stop." She pleaded, feeling completely sick.

"How many years has it been, Sophie? Like eight? Nine?"

There was silence while Kye asked the question and Sophie said nothing, before a body pushed past the crowds and appeared where they were all sitting.

"Hey, Soph." He smiled before reaching his tattooed arm out to place on her shoulder.

"Todd?" Jess looked between Sophie's ex stood before them and Sophie who was practically sinking back in her seat.

"Yeah, that's what I liked to be known as." Todd began before holding his hand out in Jess' direction. "But my birth name is Michael... Michael Russle."

*

To be continued...