Chapter 113

The Beginning of the end.

(Part 1)

"Oh shit." Matt bit as Drew and a few others charged past him the moment he opened the door. "Where is Jay Gibson?"

They were charging through the house with one thing on their mind, until the eventually headed out into the garden where everyone instantly jumped on alert.

"Ah, just the person we wanted." Drew called out as he scanned the faces until he found Jay.

"Fuck." Was Jay's initial reaction as he just froze on the spot. He wasn't usually one for slow reactions in circumstances like this however, due to them showing up unexpectantly alongside Lauren being here, he wasn't quite sure how to react.

It was then that Matt came running out after them, clearly not being able to hold them off alone and gave the same helpless look towards the gang.

"Looks like we're interrupting something." A guy who went by the name of Liam spoke up. "Is this a little get together? How Lovely."

"You need to leave." Jay demanded as Drew got closer and he stood to his feet.

"No, we need to stay and meet your friend."

Jay had purposely jumped up to try and block Lauren from sight but obviously, it was hopeless. Drew looked around Jay at the blonde sat looking not only confused but completely terrified. She didn't have a clue what was going on but she wasn't an idiot and knew these guys were obviously not invited.

"Get the fuck out."

Taking another step closer to him, Jay shoved his chest back to try and take his focus off Lauren. It was in that moment that Cole also stood to his feet while Matt and Lara headed for Liam.

There were so many thoughts running through Jay's mind right now and all of them consisted of so much panic. He was worried what Lauren was thinking but more importantly, he was worried that he had failed her. Drew had caught sight of her, he knew she existed and that meant she no longer would be safe for as long as Buddy was around.

If they weren't desperate to take the man down that ruined their lives before, they were even more desperate now.

"I'm going to count to five." Cole chorused, holding his hand up in a mocking way. "I'll show you my fingers too in case your small little mind gets confused."

While Jay had his eyes set on Drew, making sure he didn't make any moves, he could hear Juliet's voice from behind him.

"It's okay, don't worry... they're just-" She didn't know what to say to Lauren, she didn't know how to explain.

"One..." Cole began, holding a finger up as he did so. "Two-"

Before he could even finish his count though, Drew threw a punch to the side of Cole's face and just as Jay reacted to fight back, Drew pulled out his gun and aimed it at Jay.

Looking over Drew's shoulder, he could see the same move had been pulled by Liam and even though they were smaller in numbers, they had their guns at hand, putting them at a slight advantage.

None of the gang had them within reach, because this was supposed to be a calming BBQ. They hadn't expected to be greeted with unexpected guests in their own home so therefore, had not been prepared.

"Three." Drew smiled with a smug look on his face as both Jay and Cole backed up a bit.

"Put it down." Jay's voice was stern and his eyes dark. However, as he spoke he reached back and found Lauren's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Buddy wants you dead, you want Buddy dead but I hate sitting back and watching it all happen." Drew began, taking no notice of the gang preparing to remove the gun from his hold. "I want to have some involvement. Me, alongside everyone else in this life want to have a chance at saying they took Jay Gibson's life because we all know we'd crumble this gang to pieces too."

Jay's eyes didn't leave Drew's as he spoke. He was trying to keep his gaze on him so he didn't venture to the girls behind.

This wasn't new to Juliet but it was still just as terrifying and Lauren had been completely innocent to this world, yet now she was being thrown straight in the danger zone.

"So go on then." Jay began, letting go of Lauren's hand and holding his arms out. "Take your shot."

Drew looked to Jay before chuckling, not believing he was giving in this easy.

"Why? You're scared if you don't let me take the shot now I'll go for that beautiful woman behind you?" Drew snarled as he shoved between Jay and Cole and reached for her hand that Jay had dropped.

"You're fucking stupid if you thought you could hide her and I'd pretend she didn't exist."

As Drew then ran his hand down the side of her cheek, causing Lauren to wince at his touch, Jay grabbed hold of Drew's shoulder before throwing him back.

"Get your fucking hands off."

Stumbling backwards, Drew was trying to catch his balance yet at the same time lifted his gun and took a shot. On perfect cue, Liam took one from behind too, with the two loud deafening bangs causing everyone there to fall into a state of shock.

With heads dropped low and minds fuzzed with the ringing of the loud bangs, there was no immediate sign of where the bullets had hit. That piercing ring was echoing around them as none of the gang had held anything to fight back with.

While to each person here, the sound was unbearable, in reality there was just silence among them all.

**

so prepare for shorter chapters from now on (probably) as they are all going to be in parts. I had to do it like that as one chapter was stupidly long to post at once!!