Chapter 58

Once both parties had headed off to spend their nights carrying out exactly what they had set out, their plans to meet up during the night happened much quicker than they were expecting. After the girls had spent a good few hours eating dinner and catching up, they headed to a club... which happened to be the club the guys were currently at.

"What a coincidence, we both ended up picking the same club." Ashley slurred as she moved along the bar closer to Jack.

It was obvious that he wasn't as excited about the fact they had unknowingly both had the same favourite club in Brighton, yet Ashley seemed over the moon due to the fact it was the place they always snuck in to as teenagers.

"Yeah, fucking incredible." Was Jack's sarcastic response as he began trying to look around Ashley on the search for Jess.

He knew she had to be around here somewhere but it seemed as though the hen do party were currently not all in one place. Therefore, it was making the whole situation much more difficult.

"Do you remember then, coming here with your brother and sneaking in with fake ID's?" She continued, completely oblivious to his lack of interest in the conversation.

It took a lot to get Jack drunk so he still had his sober mind on and had zero time for Ashley right now.

"Yeah." Was the blunt response she got in return.

"And we'd managed to get served drinks without fail. We glammed up well to look older than we were."

As Ashley was flicking her hair over her shoulder in her best flirtatious attempt, it went unnoticed by Jack. When failing to see Jess amongst the busy crowds, Jack instead turned to his phone to text her instead. His main concern was whether or not she was having a good night due to her previous worries and he also knew it would make matters worse if she confronted him with Ashley in the way.

"So what do you think of Erika and Elliot?" Ashley tried another method and moved the conversation away from their past and onto both of their friends.

Looking up from his phone and catching Ashley's gaze for the first time, Jack chuckled.

"If he's happy with my sloppy leftovers, then I'm happy for him."

"You're a dick." Ashley laughed back. "You can't call her that, she's a nice person."

"I didn't say she wasn't." Jack shrugged yet still with an amused expression across his face. "All I remember about her to be honest is how quiet she was. She barely used to say a word."

"Well she must have said something because you got the girl to sleep with you!"

Ashley's comment made Jack's grin turn into a middle finger aimed her way before passing some cash over to the bar man for his drink.

"I still don't understand how you two happened though. You are polar opposites. I thought you went for goby bitches." Ashley remarked, clearly making a dig about Jess but attempting to be subtle.

"Nah, that was just my bad taste in women back when I was eighteen." Jack hit back with what Ashley wasn't expecting.

"Yet again... dick! But you should consider yourself lucky, I was a highly wanted girl and I chose you."

"Yeah, were... not anymore."

Taking his drink off the side, Jack turned to see the reaction he had got out of Ashley and it consisted of an open mouthed shock. However, she wasn't about to let him get away with the remark so followed along by his side as he walked away.

"One drink. That's all that you've brought for yourself?" Ashley asked in astonishment as the pair came to a stop at the table where the rest of the stag do were. "What happened to the Jack that would have about five lined up at once? You're not going to get drunk on that."