Chapter 122

"Are you ready to do this?" Jay asked as he watched Jazmine step out of her car.

"Of course." She spoke with pure determination in her voice.

"This has to remain with you only; no one can know that you helped me."

"Why? Do you think they'll punish me for it?"

There were a few seconds of silence.

"We both know that they will."

Jay had asked Jazmine here, as he knew she was the only one who he wouldn't have to argue with. He knew that she would do as he asked and not try to stop him therefore, she was his only choice.

"Wait until you hear that key word and then push that button, alright?" Jay tried to make the plan clear once again.

He had gone over this with her so many times already yet he couldn't have it being messed up, he needed to make sure she fully understood.

"Yes, got it." Jazmine nodded, before opening her arms. "Do I get a goodbye?"

Jay was a bit taken back by her affection at first considering this was very unlike Jazmine however, her comment that followed made it a bit more clear.

"We may have never been the best of friends but you have looked out for some people I secretly care about, so thank you."

Jay knew exactly whom Jazmine was referring to and that filled him with a sense of reassurance. Jess and Jazmine had never been close but Jazmine had just shown that she had always cared. She had trouble showing it but deep down she would always be there for her sister in the hardest times and that's all Jay could ask for.

"You better look after them all. Alright? No fucking around anymore." Jay looked to her with warning eyes and Jazmine laughed.

"I can't promise no fucking around but I can promise less."

"That's good enough." Jay chuckled before they both pulled out of their hug.

There were a few moments of silence while the both of them exchanged a look filled with confidence. They were ready to do this; there was no turning back now.

"I'll see you later then." Jay used that phrase once again as he began to back up and Jazmine just shook her head, knowing what this truly was.

"Goodbye Jay Gibson."

...

After leaving Jazmine with full trust in her, Jay headed for the warehouse where he could already hear mumbled voices. It was strange because right now he should have been absolutely terrified turning up here completely alone, but he wasn't. He felt the opposite.

He knew he needed to do this for the safety of the gang and for all of the people he cared about. There was no time to be selfish anymore due to people's lives being put at risk even more than before.

"Right." Jay whispered to himself as he pulled his gun from his pocket and began walking inside.

Step by step he could hear the voices getting louder and his determination was increasing. Images of whom he was doing this for were running through his head over and over, giving him more motivation not to walk away.

Heading inside, Jay was then faced with a large group of men all gathered around and clearly not expecting his approach. They all quickly jumped to their feet, raising their guns, as they were unbelieving to his visit alone.

Watching them all jump on defence, Jay's attention was placed on Buddy who called them all to a stop.

"Guns down men." He swept his arm around the room as he stood and focused on Jay.