Chapter 28

Elliot Update:

With Summer finally coming around, it meant only one thing and that was it was about time for the annual Lawrence BBQ to take place. It was happening at Jack's parent's house as usual with not only family but friends invited too. The only ones who were not there were Sophie and Aaron for the simple fact that they were wrapped up in their Phoebe bubble while they helped her settle in.

"Juliet, this is Erika." Elliot said as he approached his sister with a brunette stood beside him.

Since his breakup with Sophie, Elliot had not found it easy and had moped over it for so long. It wasn't until a few months ago that he actually put himself back out there again and was desperately trying to meet someone. That had become successful as he finally found a girl worth his time to date.

"Hey." Juliet beamed, pulling the girl into a hug. "It's nice to meet you."

She was so happy that her brother had finally found someone as she had genuinely started to get worried that he never would. He had been so adamant that Sophie was the only girl he ever wanted that he had forgotten about everyone else in the process.

"You too." She smiled back.

"So how did you guys meet?" Juliet went onto ask as Elliot left them to their conversation while he went to catch up with some others.

Juliet knew it was going to be slightly awkward considering this was their first meeting however; the girl seemed chatty enough not to care.

"We actually met online. We had been talking for quite a few months and decided to meet. It's kind of crazy." She laughed, laying a hand on Juliet's arm as she did.

She was extremely friendly and not holding back, that was for sure.

"Wow, I didn't realise." Juliet began to reply before Jack's voice was heard from behind her.

"Hey, you want a drink?" He laid a hand on Juliet's back as he was passing them but his attention was instead quickly captured by Erika.

"Jack?! Oh my God." She spoke in complete shock, causing his head to turn to look at her.

"Yeah... who are you?" He asked, chuckling.

He knew this BBQ was always quite a big event but he usually always knew pretty much everyone that arrived. Therefore, he was a bit confused by the girl stood before him acting as if they were long lost friends yet he didn't have a clue who she was.

"You don't remember me, do you?" She laughed and Jack shook his head.

"You're going to have to jog my memory because no."

"Erika... Ashley's friend. We spent a few nights together..." Her words caused Juliet's eyes to widen while Jack pretty much froze on the spot, clearly not all too appreciative of the memories.

"Oh shit." He clenched his teeth together before glimpsing behind him.

"Wow, not so happy to see me then." Erika remarked before he began shaking his head.

"No, sorry. I just, yeah, wow it's been a while."

Truthfully he wasn't all too pleased to see her standing here because of the name 'Ashley' that had been mentioned. Ashley had been the girl he spent a lot of his teens with and he had built a 'friends with benefits' kind of relationship with too.

She had been the girl he had ran off and slept with the moment he found out Jess was pregnant with Ellie and she was the girl that to this day, Jess hated.

Therefore, if she found out that Erika was in fact her friend and that Jack had not only slept with Ashley but also Erika, she wouldn't be all that pleased that she was here.