Chapter 65

Once Sophie had left her, Juliet had remained outside in the cold night, still not prepared to go charging back in just yet. Everyone was way too drunk and she knew if she surrounded herself with them right now, the previous events would just repeat once again.

She desperately wanted to find Erika or Jess. However, with Erika dealing with the previous antics Elliot had himself caught up into and Jess nowhere to be seen, she decided the cold night was her best company right now.

Pulling her phone from her pocket, she was about to text Dylan to give her something to do to pass the time however, as her attention focused down; a pair of shoes came into view right in front of her.

Looking up to see why the individual felt the need to stand so close into her personal space, her breath caught in her throat at the figure that was stood before her.

It was Matt. Standing there in extremely causal clothing with a smug smile present across his face as he looked at her.

While she was looking back at him in utter shock, unable to form a sentence or say a single word due to his face being the last one she expected to see, he seemed so calm.

"Fancy seeing you around here." He remarked, looking her up and down. "I thought you hated places like this."

Juliet didn't respond, she physically couldn't.

"Let me guess, you're standing out here trying to escape?" He questioned before turning around to look at the line of taxis. "Well just a little hint, you actually have to walk up to a taxi for it to know you want to go home. They won't come to you."

Matt's sarcasm was clearly not appreciated by Juliet as her face filled with aggravation before she was about to say something.

However, her words were cut short when another figure was seen approaching them. Her long blonde hair was perfectly highlighted and her heels brought her to a stupidly high height, towering over the many people she passed.

As she managed to reach them all without falling straight onto her face, as Juliet imagined she would have done in heels like that, her arm hooked around Matt's.

It was Abbie, yet her previous friendly nature that used to surround her had completely vanished and instead replaced with something much more bitter.

"Juliet, how are you?" She asked, yet the fake tone in her voice went unmissed. "It's been a minute."

"What on earth are you both doing here?" Juliet finally managed to grasp a collection of words together causing Abbie to chuckle.

"Didn't anyone tell you?" She asked and Juliet just frowned back at her, yet Matt was quick to place his attention on his girlfriend in warning to stop speaking.

"Can you go and get us a drink, babe? I'll be inside in a second."

Abbie looked back at Matt, clearly dissatisfied that she had not so subtly been asked to leave and he just gave her a brief smile in response.

"Okay, fine." She responded before letting her hand drop from his arm and walking away, still managing to keep herself stable in the most ridiculous heels.

"What was she about to say?" Juliet bit once she had left and had Matt's attention once again.

"The whole gangs back here." He responded so simply and Juliet knew there was a lot more to it than that but her shock at the image he had just presented her with caused a sickening feeling to fill her stomach.

"The whole gang?" Juliet repeated for clarification, hoping it wasn't true.

Them moving to Vegas had been the best thing for the town because they all finally felt safe again. However, them being back here was once again going to strike fear from them all.