Chapter 7

"How are you doing?" Aaron asked as he approached Jess from outside Jack's hospital room.

After Sophie had filled him in on everything that was happening, Aaron had taken the chance to head straight to his room as soon as the doctors had set him free from his 'prison'. Now that his arm was bandaged up and tests had been done to ensure he was fully functioning, he had been allowed to go.

Turning around, Jess gave a relieved smile as she was faced with Aaron. It was comforting to have one of the guys here as she hoped it would be good for Jack to see them. He seemed to remember the crash pretty clearly so she hoped he could talk to Aaron and get some relief from his stress by doing so.

"I'm okay." She responded as he pulled her into a one armed hug.

"Soph said he's had a tough day." He moved his gaze over to the door in reference to Jack.

"Yeah... I took Mia in and it was awful. She was crying and it made Jack a bit overwhelmed. I was just wishing that it would have triggered something in him but I don't think it did..."

"So he doesn't remember anything after being nineteen?" Aaron clarified and you could see the pain in his eyes.

"Shit." He cursed when Jess nodded her head.

He had grown up to be this loving man yet it was likely his mind was now consumed with his rebellious childlike ways.

"What's going to happen now then?"

"The doctors are in there with him now... they're trying to gently explain things to him." Jess began to explain. "They're going to see how that goes and he'll get therapy to try and bring the memories back."

"So there is hope that he'll remember?" Aaron's eyes lit up in the same way Jess' had done.

The thought of losing these seven years he had spent with his best friend was painful. Jack would be living in the past and having had missed so many good memories.

"Yeah there's hope... if this goes well I think they might let me take him out for a bit. Put him back in his usual surroundings for a day and see if it helps him."

"Would you take him home?"

Aaron's question made Jess pause for a moment because she knew home to her wasn't home to Jack at the moment. Living in the past meant he wasn't even aware of the fact that they lived together. He didn't have a clue that he owned a huge family home that he had worked so hard for. He wouldn't view the same place as home.

"He thinks he still lives with Elliot. I don't know where the best place to go is..." Jess trailed off, knowing the home him and Elliot lived in didn't exist anymore.

Elliot had obviously moved out when he lived with Sophie and now other people had the apartment.

"Maybe take him to the garage or his parents? They're both stable places he will know." Aaron suggested and Jess nodded her head.

She was worried about taking him to the garage after what had happened in case it caused him stress so she knew her best bet would be his parents' house. Then hopefully as he began to become familiar with things, she could eventually lead him to their family home in attempt to remind him of what previously was important to him.

"Hey." Aaron caught Jess' attention when he could see the worry over her face.

Holding out his arm, he urged her into him once again.

"Don't worry. He'll be alright. You know Jack; he doesn't give up easily and he cares about you and those children more than fucking anything in this world. He'll fight it for you."