Chapter 64

"SHIT, Jack! Isn't that your wife?" Ashley's shrieking voice yelled louder than necessary causing heads to turn.

Jack instantly followed her line of vision until his eyes caught sight of Jess alongside Jay, Steph, Cole and Liam all stood by the bar. He instantly felt sick as his body froze on the spot, wanting to rewind so he could un-see the moment and start all over again.

There was something about the way they were all stood there that brought back the memories Jack wanted to forget. All he could think about was back when Jess was in the gang, when he had spent the majority of his time worrying that she was going to get herself killed.

Although he hadn't made a huge deal about it, he had been beyond ecstatic when Jay had announced he was moving to Vegas because he knew it meant the gang days were over for Jess. She had made up her mind to leave and been more than happy to take on her new life away from it.

However, with the way they were all stood at the bar, engrossed in conversation with that gang vibe flowing among them, he couldn't help but fear what this all meant.

"Did you miss me?" A female voice with that recognisable posh accent was heard from behind Jack and Ashley pulled a concerned expression as Jack began to turn around.

When he finally did the full 180 turn, he was regrettably faced with Lara. She was dressed in her full black attire with her brown hair pulled back from her face and dark purple lipstick lining her lips.

"Fuck." Jack mumbled under his breath, knowing how badly things had been left between them.

The last time they had properly spoken, he and Jess were broken up and he was supposed to be going to Vegas with Lara for new year's. That had obviously all come crashing down and she most definitely had been too pleased about it.

An ordinary person hated the embarrassment of being let down however, a gang member refused to be mortified by anyone.

"Who is this?" Lara then looked around Jack to see Ashley. "Your new slut of the week? Are you going to sleep with her too and then throw her off to the side like she's nothing?"

"I'll have you know, I am not a slut!" Ashley came stumbling forward in her drunken state, causing Jack to grab hold of her arm before she fell into Lara.

He knew it wouldn't be appreciated and neither would Ashley's goby mouth. She didn't know what Lara was capable of and as much as Ashley had pushed Jack to his limits tonight, he wasn't prepared to see her get hurt.

"What are you doing here?" Jack finally asked as he tried his hardest to hold Ashley back.

By this point, she was leaning into him as her only method to remain stable as she continued to down the contents of the glass in her hand.

"To pay you all a little visit, of course." Lara smiled but it was the most vile and deadly smile Jack had ever seen.

"Why are you paying him a visit? It doesn't look like he wants to see you to me!" Ashley threw her body back into an upright position while her eyes were struggling to focus on anything.

The whole room was a blur as the only vision she was getting was pure dizziness. However, that did not stop her and she continued.

"Are you an ex? Because I know he has plenty of those. My names Ashley." Ashley held out her hand towards Lara. "Nice to meet you."

Taking hold of Ashley's hand, instead of shaking it, Lara yanked it downwards causing Ashley to tumble to the floor.

Her hard fall caused the rest of her drink to splash across the ground, while she was left on her hands and knees still trying to process what had just happened.