Chapter 68 - part 3

With the tension risen to an unbearable level both Todd and Sophie knew they needed to pull themselves away and talk. Kye's presence and sarcasm to the situation was not helping at all and Todd had even gone onto to tell him to leave, as this wasn't what they agreed.

It was clear that Todd was not expecting to be introduced to them all as Matt's brother with the spite that Kye had done it in. Therefore, once pulled away from the situation that was on it's way to turning into a heated argument, Sophie felt as though she could breathe again.

"I was not expecting that, Soph... at all." Todd ran a hand over his mouth and for once in his life, it seemed like he was ready to have a serious conversation.

"I know, I'm sorry. I should have told you." Sophie began as she properly looked at him for the first time. "I was just in a shitty state of mind and I know that isn't an excuse but it's the truth. I was scared because I wanted the baby to be Aaron's, I knew he would be a good dad and I didn't think you would... especially with all the gang stuff, it wasn't a safe situation."

"So you told him it was his?"

Todd's question caused Sophie to frantically begin shaking her head. She may have dealt with the situation badly but that is one thing she never would have done just to suit herself.

"No, I told everyone I didn't know whose it was."

"Were you scared to tell me? Scared of how I would react?" Todd asked with caution and it sounded like the idea of it was an awful one for him.

"Not scared, no... I mean I didn't know if you would step up but I've always seen the heart in you. This is why you approaching us with Kye was such a bad idea." Sophie stressed and it was clear that Todd was now beginning to see it.

"No one can stand him and now you've made an instant bad reputation for yourself. I mean I know you didn't have a great one to start with due to all the threats but..." Sophie was quickly cut off by him.

"I wanted to start fresh. I'll always be a twat but I wanted to be one of the good ones." Todd chuckled as he relaxed back into his seat.

Sophie didn't know exactly how everyone would react to him being here, especially Jess and Juliet.

Jess had once been in the gang and experienced the worry they had, not knowing what Michael was planning to do and when he was going to creep up. Then Juliet had obviously experienced the panic first hand when Michael's threats had caused her and Matt to leave Vegas.

She'd heard so many bad stories about him and experienced so much fear because of him that this huge piece of news was extremely nerving.

"Are you joining the gang then? Did you accept Jay's offer?" Sophie went onto ask, secretly hoping his answer would be an instant 'no'.

She had seen Todd's disruptive side when they were travelling and knew he was probably ten times worse than that when in a gang. Michael Russle was not a good person but even though he had his flaws, Todd wasn't all that bad.

He was a lot to handle and had a dark side to him, one that wasn't for everyone but if you saw past that, you could see the softer side to him. Sophie didn't want him to lose that again.

"I haven't accepted or declined yet." Todd shrugged his shoulders. "I'm still debating it but I've heard my brother isn't too pleased about it."

"I don't see Matt but I heard that too." Sophie agreed, thinking to the gossip that she had heard spread from Jess and Juliet. "But I think you would be stupid to join. I understand that you want payback but you've just got your life together again. Do you really want to give London up for some stupid job working for a gang?"