Chapter 48

"So when are you and Dylan getting married? Helping with this wedding must make you want it sooner." Ashley leaned forward on the sofa she was sat on so she could get a better look at Juliet.

There was something so intimidating about the girl as you knew that even when she was coming across friendly, she was judging your every word and move. Her eyes would always scale up and down your body during a conversation, secretly giving her opinion on every single aspect of your being.

"Um... I don't know, we haven't really thought about it. We haven't been engaged that long and we don't want to rush things." Was Juliet's cautious reply before Erika perked up.

"I think what you're doing is a good thing. You want to make sure you heart is 100% there before you jump into it."

Erika was obviously referring to the issues Juliet and Dylan had been having but was approaching it in a discrete way. Ashley didn't know much about it as thankfully Erika had kept Juliet's trust and not blurted it all out. She knew how close the pair were but it was good to know that Erika still didn't feel the need to tell Ashley everything.

"I'd do it Erika's way if it was me." Ashley twirled a bit of hair through her fingers. "Snatch em' up instantly to make it more difficult for them to escape."

She was merely teasing but there was no secret that there was some truth behind it.

"If it's a guy you like enough, you wouldn't waste time. They might eventually leave."

Juliet didn't know if Ashley was trying to make a dig but the shock horror on Erika's face was a big enough giveaway that she potentially was.

Ashley was clearly judging the fact that Juliet and Dylan hadn't even begun to put plans in for their wedding when they had been engaged longer than Elliot and Erika had.

"But she has him, they're engaged." Erika emphasised the point to her blonde, outspoken friend.

"But marriage secures it all. It makes it all official and certain."

"Yet you're still trying to break up Jack's? Even though it's all official and certain." Juliet mocked, leaving herself stunned at the words that just left her mouth.

She was never that confrontational or open to stirring up trouble, yet by saying what she did to a girl like Ashley, was exactly what she had done.

"I'm not trying to break up anything." Ashley bit back, leaning forward on the sofa a little bit more to appear threatening. "Jack's a friend. We just have fun together."

"Oh, Ash, have you heard from him yet?" Erika quickly interrupted the conversation before things got too heated and ended up causing unnecessary tension. Erika knew that Juliet would have probably remained mute after her unexpected comment but also knew that Ashley would not. She would continue to make jabs just to spike the argument between them once again. "He's supposed to be organising Elliot's stag do!"

"No, he's not even in Brighton at the moment. He's seriously slacking." Ashley rolled her eyes and if Jack would have been here, he would have laughed off the whole ordeal.

Jack had always been so laid back when it came to 'planning' anything and didn't see the point in stressing. Even his and Jess' wedding was something that was arranged at a steady pace and not with uptight orders and long lists that were placing a strain on everyone.

Whereas Elliot was unfazed by his approach, it was driving Erika insane which was also placing frustration onto Ashley. They wanted things done by a certain date and time and Jack was obviously not meeting any of the deadlines set, causing a huge frustration among the group.