Chapter 9

6 months later -

After spending longer than she was supposed to in Brighton due to the accident, Sophie was finally rushing back to London. After saying her goodbyes to everyone the night before, she had made her way back at an extremely early time the next morning.

As much as she had been looking forward to going back, she had also been a bit reluctant to leave. She was worried about Jess and Jack and was worried about leaving them to deal with the amnesia alone.

She was also gutted to be leaving her friends after spending so much time with them and her goodbyes with Aaron and Corey had also been odd after everything that had happened.

After spending time with Aaron one night, the pair had got into the biggest argument the next day. Aaron had suggested they went for a drive somewhere to talk but when she arrived at his apartment at the time he suggested, Carla had been there.

Clearly, Aaron had not been expecting Carla to show up but the fact that she did put things into perspective for Sophie. She didn't exactly know what she was doing and why she was doing it but she knew it wasn't right.

She had been taking nights out from her friends or Corey to spend time with Aaron with slight hope in her that it would help in getting him back. While in London she had been away from him, meaning it was easier to distract herself and forget. However once in his presence she had completely lost all power and just spent her time trying to get him back... all of which had ended up being pointless.

Goodbyes with Corey had also turned out to be strange too. He seemed more gutted that she was leaving than she had expected and Sophie wasn't exactly sure how to deal with that.

"Sophie, you're back!" One of her colleagues, Emily, called as she walked through the office doors. "What the hell have you got there?"

Sophie was rushing in late, looking in a fluster as she carried all her belongings alongside folders and a huge box. It was all balancing in her arms preparing to fall out any second.

"I had to pick up a delivery and did not expect it to be this huge." She laughed finally placing it on the table before embracing her friend in a hug.

"How was being home in Brighton? Was it nice to see everyone?"

"Yeah it was good." Sophie nodded, debating with herself whether to go into detail on what had happened. However, she decided against it. Emily was one for asking questions and she didn't want to spend time telling all when she was already late.

"Glad to be back though?"

Pausing for a moment, Sophie really thought about that point before nodding.

"Yeah it's weird because I do always miss Brighton but I actually prefer it here. I feel like a better form of myself, things always gets messy there."

"A lot of drama?" Emily probed.

"Kind of... it's just that when I'm here I get admired for the job I'm doing and the money I'm making for the company. But in Brighton I get admired for the way I look and what I can provide men with. I do shamefully use it to my advantage but it's not something to be necessarily proud about."

"Oh I don't know... I would be proud!" Emily teased, knowing what Sophie meant. "I can only count the number of guys I've been with on one hand and I still don't use up all five fingers."

"No seriously." Sophie grinned. "It's not good. I was even more horrific as a teenager."

It was weird how honest Sophie felt as though she could be around Emily. They hadn't known each other that long but they had clicked. They were polar opposites but it worked and they both came with a non-judgemental approach to their friendship.