Chapter 23

8 months, 1 week:

"Thank you for doing this, Aaron." Jess said as he arrived at the house.

It was Jack's first day back at work and Aaron had been the one to put it all into action. Jack had been dying to get back but his PTSD had been holding him back and preventing him from feeling as though he could fight the trauma.

However, Aaron knew that he needed that extra push from him and the guys to actually get him there. So to help in the process, Aaron was driving to work with him and also had a surprise waiting for him at the garage.

"It will be good for him. He'll be out of your hair after today." Aaron teased.

It had been weird for both Jack and Jess with him being home all the time. He had enjoyed getting to spend more time with her and kids but it wasn't natural to them and their old routine worked for them so much better.

"I think he will go crazy if he doesn't." Jess laughed before loud screaming was heard from upstairs causing Aaron's eyes to widen.

"What the hell?" He chuckled as he looked to the staircase.

"Jack's got the glorious job of getting Addie ready and currently she absolutely hates it." Jess explained. "She refuses to have a bath or put clothes on so you might be waiting here a while."

"Lucky him." Aaron teased before Jess began guiding him through to the kitchen.

"You are free to wait and have coffee with us while he deals with it." Jess said as she swept her arm over to where Gemma, Connor's fiancée was sitting.

Connor and Gemma were currently down for the weekend and while Connor was out catching up with his dad, Gemma had come to Jess' to get up to date on the wedding planning.

Jess had been helping her every step of the way however, due to the distance between Brighton and London it wasn't easy to meet up whenever they wanted. Therefore, most of it had been done over call, facetime and text yet they had still managed to have it all under control.

"Hey, good to see you again." Aaron said as he pulled Gemma in for a hug.

"You too. How is everything? I heard you and Sophie are a thing now." She grinned in a knowing manner causing a smile to spread across Aaron's face; he couldn't hide it.

"Yeah... we're a thing." He smirked. "How are the wedding plans going? I'm sure with Jess at hand it's got to be under control."

Looking across at Jess who was making coffee, she then turned around and circled a halo over her head with her finger.

"She's been my rock. Connor doesn't understand the importance of the small details so without Jess our wedding would be a hopeless mess."

Connor was much like Jack in that as long as he got the woman he loved at the church with a ring on her finger, he didn't care about anything else. He just wanted to be married to her and all the glamour of weddings was just that to him, glamour. He understood the fun of doing it and celebrating with those you cared about but he also wasn't all that bothered by the hours that went into making it that kind of perfect.

"I'm certain you'd be better off without him getting involved anyway. Lawrence's don't have an eye for detail unless it has an engine." Aaron teased just as Jack walked into the room.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment." He raised his brows before looking to Addie who was resting on his hip.

"Something like that." Aaron chuckled. "I see you got her dressed then."

"It was a challenge but it was definitely my biggest success of the week."

Making his way over to Jess, he placed a kiss to Addison's head before handing her over.