Chapter 68 - part 2

continued...

The utter confusion and shock across each and everyone's faces was unmissable. No one knew what to say or what to do as all eyes looked between Kye, Todd and Sophie.

This man stood before them was known by many of them here as Todd, one of Sophie's ex's. He was the guy she had gone travelling with back when she was around twenty and got into a lot of mess with. She'd then gone onto bump into him when she was in London, finding out that he was back living and working up there.

However, after the speech Kye had just given he was now presenting himself as Michael Russle and it was clear by the look on Sophie's face, that this wasn't news to her.

"Right just to make this a little clearer for you all..." Kye began, comfortably taking a seat on the chair and reaching for his drink, showing he was really enjoying this. "This man is Michael Russle, Matt's brother but also known as Todd, his fake identity. Sophie dated Todd as you all know but what she didn't tell you is that she knew he was Matt's brother all along. She knew he was a part time gang member alongside hated the guts of his brother and this whole gang. She knew he had tried to kill us many times before and also knew he likes nothing more than to cause us trouble. But by the looks on all of your faces, she never told you."

Kye's shocked expression was completely put on for effect while Sophie looked as though she was about to cry. Her hands were tightly clinging together in her lap as she tried to avoid eye contact from each and every person here.

"What the hell?" Juliet was the only one to finally speak up and that caused Todd to glimpse over at her.

"It sounds crazy, right?" He raised his brows. "But it'll make a bit more sense if you hear me out instead of this twat." He then went onto to nudge Kye's side, pushing him out of the way.

"I lived with my birth name for most of my teenage life, right up until that disaster that went down with the gang myself and Lara were in together. It killed pretty much everyone and everyone thought I was dead, so I changed my name and identity and started a new life for myself."

While everyone was watching Todd and listening so intently, Sophie let her eye gaze off into the crowd of strangers. She didn't want to be involved in this. She had always hoped this day would not arrive but Kye of all people, had been the one to break the news to them all.

"I started working in Topshop and that's where I met Soph. She met me as Todd but when I found out she knew George and my brother through Isabella, I told her everything and asked her not to say a word." Todd glimpsed over at Sophie, trying to grasp her eye contact but she just ignored it. "Then we went travelling together and while we were there I bumped into a lot of gang members from my past life. So when we got back, I re-joined a gang and took on my name as Michael Russle once again. I was in Vegas for a while, I was trying to cause shit for my brother... it all just kicked off."

Todd had dragged Sophie into a lot of things she regretted doing while they were travelling together and most of it had been with past gang members he knew. She had been consumed with their life for the whole time she had been travelling and it wasn't until she got home that she tried to forget it all happened.

"I don't know if she mentioned it to you but I bumped into Soph not long ago in London... I met her boyfriend too." Todd let a smug smile reach his face as he placed his attention on Aaron. "I backed out of gang life and that's why Matt heard nothing from me. I was back in London, working in a different Topshop and living normal life again until Jay contacted me about Buddy."

Todd's story had everyone silent with such an eerie vibe surrounding them. While some of their facial expressions represented confusion, others represented anger or fear. This was the most unexpected piece of news they could have got on a night that was already awkward enough.

"But it gets better than that!" Kye than raised his arm, to draw the attention back on him leaving Todd with a face of confusion about where he was going to go with this. "Todd, aka Michael Russle was also the father of the child Sophie was previously pregnant with. Not Aaron, not Corey, not some one night stand... it was Todd."

As Kye slapped a hand on Todd's back, the shock on his own face was evident, showing that this was all news to him.

Sophie's previous pregnancy had left a lot of confusion amongst many who the dad was and after she insisted she didn't know herself, it was left at that. Once she had experienced the miscarriage, no one wanted to mention it ever again with the fear of upsetting her so it just got swept under the rug.

However, all this time she had known who the father was and it was Todd. She had kept quiet about it for many reasons including fear due to him being a gang member but also because she knew it could never work out with her current situation. Therefore, it was much easier to claim she didn't know.

"Soph, what the fuck?" Todd then looked at her in complete shock and for the first time she looked up and gave him full eye contact as a tear fell from her eyes. "You didn't tell me? Where is it? I don't understand..."

"I had miscarriage!" She finally managed to cut Todd off before he got completely lost in the confusion. "It was never born."

*

:)))